BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
The starter in the boat was causing grief yesterday >:D..Spent 3 hours on the kicker getting back up to Island 22 ....
There were lots of people out at Grassi when we took the slow trip by on the way home...Steady catching going on ...Not many jumpers from what we saw...

·
Registered
956 Posts
abbyfireguy said:
The starter in the boat was causing grief yesterday >:D..Spent 3 hours on the licker getting back up to Island 22 ....
There were lots of people out at Grassi when we took the slow trip by on the way home...Steady catching going on ...Not many jumpers from what we saw...
Boy Abby! I hope your jaw and tongue are ok after that ordeal! ;) :p

Just kidding of course. Glad you made it back safely!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
abbyfireguy said:
The starter in the boat was causing grief yesterday >:D..Spent 3 hours on the licker getting back up to Island 22 ....
i hope you didnt snag yourself this time ;D ;D ;D

G

·
Fished Peg Leg yesterday..... It was busy...but not as busy as I woulda figured for a Sunday. I got my 2 sox in an hour. My friend managed to leave the river with only one. Talked to a couple guys who fished the (walk in side, but not walkable yet) and they only got one between the two of them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was up near Hope on Sat on the Lougheed Hwy side of the Fraser. Not sure what the bar name was but I was into 5 sockeye. Landed 2 one in the belly so I let it go. There were about 6 ppl fishing when I got there at 5:30 am and then around 7am the were about 2 dozen ppl. There were alot of ppl catching saw maybe 10 -15 sockeye landed and 2 chinooks.

What a meat fishery...I hate to grip about how other ppl fish but when you get a guys saying you must have min 20lbs test leader on your line and that same guy forgets to crimp his barb and runs 40 lbs main line it just really irritates me. I have been fishing same weighted line for the last 5-6 years I have been fishing this bar and I have had plenty of success. I at least want to give the fish a fighting chance... ;D

I understand that you might get into a chinook and you would be glad you had that much strength in your line but I have be able to land a nice chinook with 15 lbs main and 12 lbs leaders...Mind you I did have to walk 1/2 way to Vancouver to do it...haha :wallbash:

Is it legal to hand off your rod to someone else and have them count the catch on their licence? The way that I intrepid the rules is you can hand off your rod but it the fish has to count towards you catch...

Oh yeah bring lots of bug spray...I had 22 mosquitoes bits just on my left legs...

·
Registered
517 Posts
How long is the sockeye opening for?
DFO meets on Tuesday was what i was told.

as for gear, mine is as follows:

Shimano Technium rod, Abu Garcia Record reel, 65lb Power Pro mainline, Guide Slide bumpin' rig, 6ft 25lb Maxima Ultra Green leader, 3/0 DNE cutting point hook with green wool. weight added to suit.

yeah, i don't dick around with sockeye. hook em, they're on the beach in a matter of 30 seconds or so. none of this "fish on!", let it run, chase it down river bullshit i see all the time. hook it, reef it in, make sure it's hooked in the mouth, net it, beach it, bonk it. get my 2 and i'm out.

G

·
I am in the same line of thinking as Steelhead stalker especially when there are others waiting for a spot to fish . Get your 2 fish and let some-one else have your spot .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is there easily accessable parking at scale bar? I am thinking about heading out this evening or tomorrow after work to try my luck, but don't have access to a boat to get to grassy or pegleg. Any other recommendations for walk-in access? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I don't do this fishery...but that's because I would rather be off dickin around with my fly stuff...If I was going to though I think you gotta remember this is a harvest fishery...Get the gear that allows you to hook your fish, get it in quickly and bonk it and go home...This isn't a sport fishery per say, unless you get lucky and hook a chinook, in which case you would still need some heavy line and gear to get it in...

Allot of people rank sockeye as their #1 favorite tasting fish...So if your going out, enjoy it, maybe take someone or a kid who hasn't fished before...and take it for what it is!!!! Not the time to start preaching ethics IMHO.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
chromechaser said:
Is there easily accessable parking at scale bar? I am thinking about heading out this evening or tomorrow after work to try my luck, but don't have access to a boat to get to grassy or pegleg. Any other recommendations for walk-in access? Thanks in advance.
No there is no longer easily accessable parking at scale bar. You have to park down the road then make the long walk in. Not worth it in my opinion for sockeye as you can have your limit in less time then what it takes to get down there. Go further west of scale bar on hwy #7 to just past the red and white pipe line that crosses the fraser. This is snag bar. It is a easy walk in with alot of beach to fish from. If you are not an early riser then hit this area at around 11am as the early crew is usually leaving then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.