BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there is any way of catching sockeye with out a flasher on the line?

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to if I used a pink spoon or apex... but I've never heard of it being don't and would like a bit more fight then I get with all the gear, without buying a bunch of those new flasher.
have fun, Jason

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
the more flashers the better with the sox bj. when im fishing those things i stack up as many rods as i can. id even clip false flashers on. they like to swim with them, also when you get a school going reset gear as fast as you can cause if they cant see the flashers they will leave ya. when ya get a shcool goin they will hit anything you got out and as fast as you get the gear down.
ill stack the gear really close to the clip about 10-15 ft apart, 3 rods per side

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I was going to say I recall a post about this exact topic last year and did a bit of a search.....but after reading Fishaholic's reply I think it may have been you that posted it as it is almost exactly the technique that I recall reading about......even with the resetting of the gear as fast as possible. 8)

·
Registered
143 Posts
BJ. Stack em like the boys say with a few dummys per cable. I too would love to not have the flasher on there but I think that may not be possible. If it's going to be as good as they say maybe this is the year to try no flasher...just spoons or apex. I also will throw the odd gang troll behind the dummy flashers. the more sparkle the better. When you do find them leave all your gear down, as you will get multiple hook ups at once...so leave it all down unril you must re rig it....its a meat fishery rather than a great sport I hate to say. With all the flashers they really don't fight until right at the boat. Do tell if your taking them with no flashers. Good luck.
HT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I remember an article from a few years ago that said guys were "stinging" them in Alberni. Small pink buzz bombs,zingers,etc.....the trick was to watch the sounder and park right above them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts