BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boat full of us are heading up North to River's Inlet for two weeks. We are boating from Ninamo and going slow, fishing along the way until we get to River's Inlet. We will probably take 6 days to get up to R.I. and we'll stay in that area for about 4 days until we head toward home. We are not familiar with the good fishing areas on the way so we'd love some help?? Places NOT to stop would also be appreciated! We are targeting salmon but some halibut spots would be great too. Thanks, Bueller I love your site!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
The entrances to every one of the major inlets would be a good place to target ALL alnong the coast. Try and hit these areas around the slack of the ebb or flood tides. Lots of fish will be moving towards the rivers soon and almost all of the major inlets have three or four excellent rivers with good runs of salmon.
Entrance to desolation sound, north of Lund, Princess Louisa Inlet, the area around Bella Coola and the outside areas around Calvert Island accross the channel from Rivers Inlet would be a good place to start...At the headwaters of Rivers Inlet is the Owekeeno River and this area will produce some monster Chinooks around the time you are there......JUst check with some of the locals and they will give you the scoop on the saltwater fishing in the channel leading to the Owekeeno.......Tight lines....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ortho.
So we should just ask around when we get to each inlet and fish them all? Ok, we can try that!
So. does that powdered milk in the brine really work? Nobody ever mentioned that down here.
Anymore must-try spots would be appreciated since we don't have a real schedule to get up North.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I fished Rivers inlet last year at the start of September. We had pretty good luck right at the start of the inlet in an area known as "The Wall" also "Draney"(two or three miles north of the wall) and in front of the lighthouse at Addenbroke Island. We were catching coho and chinook using cut herring trolled ten or fifteen feet down. As for halibut, the guides always went off the west coast of Calvert Island. Supposed to be some sort of a shelf out there. They always came back with a good load of halibut, snapper and cod. Good luck. Wish I was back there right now. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Fish them all as you pass by and have a line in the water at all times. Yes, the powdered milk works as does the garlic and anise combo. I would run a dipsy diver and a coyote spoon at all times...At 20 feet or so you should hook up with dinner..........Ortrho 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.