BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts on the best Alaskan rivers for Chinook? There are some awesome looking rivers up there. Is there such a thing as a good Chinook river not under considerable pressure?

· Registered
347 Posts
Wife and I fished the Kenai River 3 years ago, Kenai one day, another fly out lake one day then hali in the Salt. Been fishing 60 years, the fish I fought on the Kenai was my best fish I ever hooked. No not to the boat, but fought for a very long while, 6 jumps or so, huge King and beautiful. On his first jump, guide yelled that is the biggest fish of the year here and will definately be one to release(over the length limit)' I could not have killed that beautiful fish anyway. Think record King at that place was 85#. Barbless hooks, I had the fish until the guide said get ready(water was very swift from snow melt) , fish will come back with the current right at you, fish did and spit the hook. You will catch few Kings in the kenai, but they are huge. Suggest go let one jerk you around the boat a while. PM to me for more details. Salt.

· Registered
29 Posts
The Kenai is a great fishery, but its kinda high for fishing pressure. We got there just before the second run started (much bigger than the first run) and only caught 2 fish between four of us. Around about now, the later part of July, is peak time for the second run. Great time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.