BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished a local river kinda close to home today was sorta worried the rain we had had blown out the river! Got to my spot first light and had the whole run to myself! Drifting with roe seemed to be the trick all day! must have landed 20 coho's 2/3 being wild but the ones i did keep were all over 10lbs! One with a touch of color and landed 4 chrome jack coho but thats not what i was there for so i released them all! I managed to avoid the hords of chum that were everywhere as well as the springs! Finally i have some good eats sure took long enough! maybe if the rain were supposed to get this week doesn't blow out the river i'll try again befor the weekend! My honey hole is full of honey! :D :D :D
My camera bit the dust so i got no pic's but thats life i guess!
C.K.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
C.K., I don't want to steal your honey hole but maybe you would share it w/ me. I can be around by 2:00 mon.
or wens. this week for some quick action.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A flooded one on the North side of the fraser! :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Gotcha! Thought you were talking about something a little closer to home, good to hear the rivers aren't just
filling with water. Some wild weather heading our way so hold on!!!! :oops:

G

·
Sanderson said:
coho_killer said:
A flooded one on the North side of the fraser! :lol:
Now you get tight lipped... figures :roll: You want all the info on everyone elses waters but when you finally get into some action, its all zipper lipped.
HAHA!

Mike <")))))><

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
C.K. told us where he was going ! It wasn't hard to figure out. :roll:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya see sanderson i figured out when posting on the nic everytime i posted i caught a coho the next thing ya know theres 30 guys fishing a 2 mile streach of water so YES this one i'm keeping to myself!!!!!!! pay attention to where i said i was gonna fish earlier back a few days ago and what do ya know ya figured it out!!!! :lol:

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sure i do but well i am going to keep asking questions on where to fish! and if they give me an answer like the one i gave then so be it!

C.K.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
We had better save this from the modes. kids ! Went down to the Nic @ the one lane bridge to see the coho
pile up and what do you know, the flood gates were open , but it didn't take long for them to slam shut.
I've noticed seals at the gates , I wonder if they're stupid enough to get caught on the other side ?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
you know given the shortage of cohos on all local flows I wouldn't be one to tell all where to go .You just know that every Tom,Dick and Harry will be at your spot when you go next time........So where were you? :p :p Kidding of course!

Hotrod

·
Registered
138 Posts
Quick question then, what about those of us who don't know anyone else to explore uncharted territory with ..... should we just go march blindly to the Cap or Chehalis Canyons, for example? NOt trying to sound rude or anything, but info onaccess to these areas is limited by conventional means, so why couldn't one simply ask for info before attempting a potentially dangerous trip?

I have limited knowledge of most systems but am more than willing to share it should someone inquire. Granted, asking questions that can easily be answered by a little footwork is just plain lazy, but wouldn't pointing someone in the right direction perhaps smooth out a reciprocal flow of info?

BY the way, thanks to everyone who has provided me with tips/advice, and I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, but I think that letting people in on at least some info, could benefit all, as it could generate a stonger feeling of belonging to a fishing community, which would in turn create common ideals, which could of course lead to greater conservation awareness, cleanliness while fishing, etc, etc ... you guys see where I'm going with this

thats just my rant, its been a long day, sorry if I have offended

Later

and C.K, congrats on the coho .... much better than my three for the year

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i now have a new digital camera so no more trips without any pic's! waterproof and all now i need to win ortho's best picture catagory! time to get out there if the rivers come down any i know just the spot to get some awesome pic's!

C.K.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I don't think you offended anyone, at least not me. But I think what you'll find is that it is getting harder and harder for people to keep thier secret spots out there where they can go and fish and not see anyone all day long. This is probably the main reason why a lot of people will tell you to explore these areas. They don't wwant to give up thier "money holes". However, with a backroad map and a co-pilot you can venture to these areas and explore to find your own money spot. Justwatch your footing, a lot of the canyon areas we have are completely unforgiving. One wrong step and you could find yourself in a very dangerous position.

PS. Check your PMs.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Wookie said:
those of us who don't know anyone else to explore uncharted territory with ..... should we just go march blindly to the Cap or Chehalis Canyons, for example? NOt trying to sound rude or anything, but info on access to these areas is limited by conventional means, so why couldn't one simply ask for info before attempting a potentially dangerous trip?]
I certainly don't think anyone will blindly go walking in anywhere without at least some info...and having said that, I think you should ask around, use google, read fishing magazines...etc, etc, etc...if you ask here I know that I usually will throw some info out there for ya, so will others here...so yeah, people should ask. BUT, they should also try and do some research on their own while they're waiting for the answer...

wookie said:
I have limited knowledge of most systems but am more than willing to share it should someone inquire. Granted, asking questions that can easily be answered by a little footwork is just plain lazy, but wouldn't pointing someone in the right direction perhaps smooth out a reciprocal flow of info?
This is precisely the way it works as far as I'm concerned, and from what I know of CK, he's a good guy who is willing to help when he can...as are most others here...but many of us are wary, like steelie trav said....not really willing to give up the money holes...you have to earn those.

BY the way, thanks to everyone who has provided me with tips/advice, and I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, but I think that letting people in on at least some info, could benefit all, as it could generate a stonger feeling of belonging to a fishing community, which would in turn create common ideals, which could of course lead to greater conservation awareness, cleanliness while fishing, etc, etc ... you guys see where I'm going with this...
I see where you are going with this, I think what everyone needs to understand is, on the web nobody knows who the people they're talking to really are , so they excercise some discretion...they build trust, and yes they share ideas...but we all have to realize how important it is to develop some trust, show some of the "common ideals", like conservation, respect for the rivers and the fish, etc....but that has to be shown first before people will start throwing out info on their local flows...

So....no you haven't offended anyone, not me anyways...I think the whole point though is to get to know people and let them get to know you also and in time you might find that information sharing begins to flow...keep in mind, I share a lot of stuff on here, but I don't try and get specific about a particular river or stream or creek, the reason is simple. The real benefit here is the knowledge and skills you will gather by reading and posting over the years...99% of the actual rivers, and streams, and creeks I know about I learned by taking a very , very tiny bit of shared information and then adding to it by research. Look at maps, google site names...read a book or two, and by all means, ask questions...

...just be ok with it if you don't necessarily get the answers as quick as you'd like or even at all....that's the nature of research it takes time to figure out the intricacies of a river and no matter who you know or get information from you are still going to have to learn the best parts about it by footwork, and footwork alone...that is trully the fun part!

I try to learn a new river once a year, at least in part, and over many, many years I acrue information about all of them, and then year to year I can go to any one of those flows and I will already have the info I need. Just remember, patience....it's still more footwork than anything else... :wink:

If want to know about those canyons you mentioned wookie I can start you out on the right track...just pm me.
hope that helps,
rib

·
Registered
138 Posts
good points, I was just concered over some general comments I have seen, not only on this post but others as well. I just like to see the good in those seeking information, and while knowing who is asking for help is key, I'd like to think that those who ask on this site would be more respectful to fishing spots than abuse the info provided. For example, since I have signed up to this site, every time I go to the water I ask around if anyone else uses a certain "on-line" forum. The majority who said yes seemed to respect their surroundings and be less intrusive, while others (often lined up fishing a small hole with uncroupulous methods) did not. Granted thats a broad generalisation, but I hope the point is getting across. those who take the time to sign up to a site like this and make their presence known also seem like the types to have a greater respect for the sport and for knowldge gained as a result.

I certainly understand the need to guard info for obvious reasons, but I am a firm believer that encouraging and enlightening the uninformed will benefit all.

Enough of wasting space in the reports section...anyone wanna hunt for ho's in some frog water at the stave this weekend?

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
I agree with ya wookie...and i think that some of that respect and less intrusiveness can also be learned by people when they come to this site...tell people about it, let them know how much you value it, and then they might come here, read a bit and maybe even in time, they might reevaluate how they carry themselves on the river...and then the tides might actually change.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts