BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a job and have no time to get anywhere far away from Pitt Meadows. The Alouette and Pitt Rivers are within the area and are all i have access to lately. If anyone can help me AT ALL i would be so thankful.

-fine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:lol: yeah. i need help catching fish. ive been there like 10 times this year and all i have caught is a stupid whitefish. i need help catching SALMON. they just dont like me

-fine

p.s. another job would be great too :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have GREAT news! :D I was out fishing the Alouette this evening. I dont know whats going on. Ive been there like 10 times this year and hooked into one salmon and lost it. Then I show up there tonight and i hook into atleast 10 ugly dogs. Braught in 3 and let them all go. But I had atleast 10 more good solid hits. Wierdest thing too. One fish i caught, i think took me 3 tries to land him. I know the possibilities are slim, but 3 casts in the same spot one after another and I got a fish. I know i could have just hit a school but it felt like the same fish. But anyways maybe I dont need help anymore. Although your input would still help alot.

Ribwart. All ive got right now is a 7 foot graphite medium action rod. I dont think it is ment for salmon but it holds up just fine for now and it feels great. But i get paid this week and am planning on buying a better salmon rod. But i have that and a spinning reel. I have all sorts of spinners and spoons and stuff.

-Fine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to add. For all you against foul hooking (i am also against it) but i was able to hook them all in the mouth. I was quite proud.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
sounds like you're doing ok there fineangler...the rod is a bit short, but if you are catching fish, and fairly, thenthere is nothing to be worried about....if you are casting spinners and spoons, try fishing away from the spots that the chumare sitting in....not too far away, but if there is a back eddy near there, or a stretch of water that looks like it should have fish in it, but you don't see any, try there....coho, especially the bright ones are very hard to see under most conditions, but chum are usually obvious as they are dark....fish away from the chum, cover all the viable water and be patient....you might just be telling us about a nice bright coho you caught....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.