BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aug 11/10 - Went out for a few hours last night to fish the slack for sockeye but only picked up one. Seems pretty slow as we didn't see much else happening in the few boats off the S Arm. Some nice dungeness though to ease the pain.

The commercial opening ended at five and they seemed to do OK from what I saw.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We were fishing the drop off just North of Sand Heads. We'll try South to the coal port next time.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lots of fish out there today south of T10
Only able to bag one before my daughter got sea sick ( bad dad.....forgot the gravol) , had the lines down for less than 1/2hr.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Monday evening

We went out after work yesterday and came home with 2 nice sockeye. Also lost 3 by the boat so it was a good evening of fishing. There wasn't as many schooling near the surface as previous days but that could have been just the time of day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tue Aug 24

Took the day off work and went fishing with my daughter :). Fished just north of the fleet with 3 or 4 other boats. Lots of fish showing, but it wasn't until we dropped the gear down to 85-110ft that we started hooking into them regularly. Went home with our limit in a few hours.

·
Registered
33 Posts
110' Sounds deep for sox? What made you go so deep? Might have to give it a try next time out.

Hoping to get out sunday.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Went out yesterday. Fishing in 150 Ft of water at 90 ft deep when all of a sudden the sounder showed 80 ft deep. Looked at the downriggers and the rods and they were both bouncing. Just when I went to pull up off bottom I had 2 fish on. I wasn't bouncing off bottom I was bouncing off fish. They were so solid the sounder couldn't see bottom through them. 10 seconds later we were back to showing 150 ft deep with a double header in play. Its a jungle out there.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Went out yesterday. Fishing in 150 Ft of water at 90 ft deep when all of a sudden the sounder showed 80 ft deep. Looked at the downriggers and the rods and they were both bouncing. Just when I went to pull up off bottom I had 2 fish on. I wasn't bouncing off bottom I was bouncing off fish. They were so solid the sounder couldn't see bottom through them. 10 seconds later we were back to showing 150 ft deep with a double header in play. Its a jungle out there.
Isn't that crazy! my finder was saying the same damned thing! I kept reaching down the transom to make sure the transducer wasn't f'd up!

·
Registered
25 Posts
110' Sounds deep for sox? What made you go so deep? Might have to give it a try next time out.
Agreed. Have previously fished 40-75' but on that occassion we weren't getting any action despite the carpet of fish, so started experimenting with different depths and they started hitting at 90'. The 110' rod was really to avoid tangling the other line but we had 3 fish on that one too. If you're on top of the fish and they're not taking, seems to be worth mixing it up a bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts