BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got a cabin on Green Lake for Easter weekend. It was quite warm during the days (10*C I think,) but to my surprise, the ice was still very thick. Close to about 3' in some parts. We spent some time fishing in various locations on the lake but caught nothing.
We decided to check out Watch Lake the next day. We saw a few people fishing on the lake as we approached but didn't bother going any further upon noticing that the lake was crawling with RCMP. I would imagine the ice conditions on this lake would be similar to Green.
Went back to Green for a bit and got skunked again.
Hit a couple little spots near Clinton on the way home and the ice was still pretty thick (1'+.)

· Registered
183 Posts
I know someone who lives on Horse Lake and they think the ice will be around until the end of April. I guess a few warm days and rain and it can all change. With the weather we are getting it sure does not look good..... :'(

· Registered
83 Posts
Does anyone know how the ice off is coming along at watch lake now? My first trip up there of the season is May long weekend. Usually the lake has turned by then. It seems that things may be a little behind this year though.

· Registered
83 Posts
To answer my own question:
The ice came off watch lake on May 12. So I would imagine that the lakes at the same or lower elevation in the area would be the same. Heading up there this long weekend. I hope the turnover holds off!
I can't believe how late the ice stayed on this year. A neighbor on the lake says that the record since he can remember was May 5.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks for the update that is a little bit troubling, sounds like I might be running smack dab into the middle of turn on many lakes :wallbash:

The good thing is there are so many great options up there somthing will have to be producing well. :thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.