BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this belongs in this section, but i'll give 'er a shot. Just taking a poll on people favorite and most productive spin n glos. Just wondering what type i should pick up when i head out there. If nobody replies, i can always use the old fashioned way and try it out for myself ;)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I use cheaters more than spin n glos, I have found they take a beaten a little better when I'm bouncin' the bottom. I like chartruese with green spots for chum and coho, pink for pinks and metallic red and blue for springers while size varies depending on water clarity, colour and how long the fish have been in the system I'm fishing.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
That's what I thought!!! The bigger the better in the upper Fraser. Dark may help somewhat in the near
zero visability but I do have one trick for you. Take a single hole punch and nock a hole out of one wing
to help make the spin and glow wabble and vibrate in the fast flowing current and this will entice the big
ones to bit..... :beerchug:......Marko

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well, I used alot spin-glo years ago when steelhead fishing and one my favorite colour was red body with white wings size #10&12. I don't used as much spin-glo now days but I can gave hints how set them up. I put the head part(the fat end) facing downward towards the hook and kept the leader quite short maybe 18" long this way it does float the rig that high off the bottom. ;D

Silex-user.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
RA , size 0 , silver bodied glows with red top or green top are really the back bone of the Chilliwack area bar fishers arsenal.
I think Marko meant the river from Chilliwack to hope, some people call this the Upper, far from it really.

Good idea to have a selection of glows, some I caught fish with last year were
- Chatreuse and orange
-Chartreuse and green
- black with chartreuse dots
- blue and red
- black with silver specks

My opinion is that just as with lures such as kwik fish and flat fish some of these lures are just performers.
When you catch a fish on a glow, scratch a mark on it or give it a balck dot with a felt pen.
Everytime you catch a fish with that glow mark it. Soon you will find certain glows are out performing all others, these are called "franchise players", treat them like gold, use 60 lb leader, do what it takes to keep them.
The franchise players can be various colors, action seems to be their magic. As much as I try to study them and only buy ones that are similar, fishing the lure is the only way to tell.
I do drill out the holes on my glos just a little, other than that I have found all the modifications in the world do not make a franchise player, this is something built in by luck at the factory.
The last 2 seasons I had glos that went into low teens before I lost them, this season I hope to get one that can go 20.
If you have a glo that just doesn't catch fish, chuck it or give it away.

Using roe on your hook all year is a good idea, if you have the supply. Chinooks love roe, ALL YEAR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts