BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone been out throwing spoons in the lower fraser around ft langley or lower? i'm gonna play the tides tomorrow and see how i fair out! just wondering if any reports of fresh chum around? thanx!

C.K.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I did afew times last week, before wednesday's rain. Few jumpers and rollers, but no takers :( . All down stream of the Port Mann.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just realized i only have 8lb test on my spinning rod so i'm gonna hit up the vedder in the morrning instead! the fraser is gonna have to wait till next weekend! if anyone is looking for some good homemade spinners or spoons theres a guy on a different forum that has very fair prices he's got that web page called e-mail him and he'll send ya pic's of the gear he is selling! very good fishing reports and updates on his sight as well!

C.K.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone been out in the last couple of days? i know the chum are open in the lower fraser so someone has to be fishing for them!

G

·
I just caught a 15 lb chum today, out of the local river here in Maple Ridge. I tossed her back, after a good fight.. on light gear. I was fishing near the bridge on Neaves Road in Pitt Meadows.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
heres what i found on the lower fraser for spinners and spoons!

Tidal Fraser River - Water clarity has unfortunately degraded over the last few days due to heavy rainfall in the northern part of this province. Despite of this change, it is still clear enough to run a spoon or spinner. Schools of chum salmon have been spotted during the incoming tide. They can generally be caught on a large green or pink spoon. Chum salmon usually swim close to shore so there is no need to cast very far. Look for swirls and finning actions on the surface during a strong incoming tide.

The tidal Fraser River is now closed for sockeye salmon fishing, but remains open for chinook salmon fishing. Please note there is currently a bait ban in effect for the salmon fishery, so roe is prohibited. Spincasting with a large spoon may produce the odd chinook salmon during the incoming tide. All coho, both hatchery and wild, and sockeye salmon are required to be released.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts