BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent two days now on different weekends (May 6th and 12th) up in the Merrit area (at about 3500') and talked to a number of fellow fishers and we all have had the same experience. Spotty catching. The bugs are there, sort of, and the fish less. The lake seem to be though turn over but not a consistent kick a$$ fishing that I have come to expect for early May as in the past 5. Anyone have the same sentiment? Hopefully the fishing will get better. Though, I was fortunate to have caught only two fish (4 lbs and 2 lbs) total on those two days out of six lines in the two parties that we put in pretty hard.

My 4 lbs rainbow.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey B daddy,

Seems as though things are a little behind this year. Were you able to check the water temp?
I'm sure that the water was probably still a little on the cold side up at 3500'. I'll bet if you hit those lakes in a week or 2 the fishing will be much more productive. :2cents: :cheers:

Tight Lines, Wes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.