BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So being a rookie in the flying seen i was wondering what type of flys do springs like to take as i would like to have some in my arsenal for the up and coming season :cheers:

scruffy

·
Registered
694 Posts
Popsicles, all different colours. After that it's just more for you than the fish ;D

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
dont forget to try rolled muddlers also as i have caught many on them in past years

saw someone doing good with the darker red/orange general practitioner pattern also

and also seen red xmas trees work or variations of it anyhow

hope that helps a bit Scruffy

HOOK

Scruffy you heading up to the Squish this weekend?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HOOK said:
dont forget to try rolled muddlers also as i have caught many on them in past years

saw someone doing good with the darker red/orange general practitioner pattern also

and also seen red xmas trees work or variations of it anyhow

hope that helps a bit Scruffy

HOOK

Scruffy you heading up to the Squish this weekend?
thanks hook i've got some rolled muddles have to pickup some of the others before i head up if the wife lets me go ::) again.

scruffy

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well i hooked a spring last time i was at the Squish on the same fly i have been hitting all the pinks on also got a tiny little bull trout that day sure wish i had someone to take pics :'( i was alone that day of course oh and i didnt land the spring it kicked my 5weights A** :'(

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HOOK said:
well i hooked a spring last time i was at the Squish on the same fly i have been hitting all the pinks on also got a tiny little bull trout that day sure wish i had someone to take pics :'( i was alone that day of course oh and i didnt land the spring it kicked my 5weights A** :'(
at least you managed to shake hands with one ;D

scruffy

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
flyguy was it a traditional xmas tree which is green and silver flash or was it one tyed with red/silver flash as i have used that for springs before but got most on the beige rolled muddlers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.