BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a few questions for you die hards out there

1) will you be targeting Springs in may? If so, where will you be fishing and with what gear?

2) does the Chehalis close for steel like the vedder?

3) is barfishing really that much fun?

thanks

brodz

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Answers:

1) Yes, creek and river mouths, with large spoons (Kitimat size 65), or float fishing roe.
2)Haven't checked the regs lately but i dont think so.
3)YES-prop up the rods, sit back and just eat,sleep,talk. oh and of coarse play all the springs u hook

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
There is plenty of action coming up over the next few months. When the Fraser comes up a bit more, you can find Springs anywhere there is some clearer water for them to flush the gills and take a rest....Some popular places are the mouth of the Stave and the Creekmouths that run into the Fraser between Chilliwack and Yale...Several in the Hope area are particularly productive....Large spoons and spinners are the ticket and your gear has to reflect the fish you are targeting....(I hooked a spring at the mouth of the Stave a few years ago and after a heated battle in the clear water, it then decided to hit the Fraser mainstream and without a boat I was unable to chase) Conservative estimate to 25-40 lbs. of freight train on the end of the rod was a bit much for the gear i was using at the time.........Lotsa fun!.......BAr fishing for springers in the Fraser is also a lot of fun and a search on this site will give you all you need to know, except a boat is really helpful!!.........Have fun & tight lines./......Ortho 8)

·
Registered
730 Posts
i tend to use gear when the water is high and dirty but as soon as the river drops and it gets cleaner that is when I get the bar rod out, most bars and going under right about now. Spring fishing can also be very good at the mouth of the Harrison.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts