BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...

This is my first topic here, however I have been coming here for sometime. It looks like a very strong community here with lots of very informative members. I was wondering if anybody had some general information on the Squamish/Cheakamus rivers... such as some places to get started, what people have been having success with for dollies, cutthroat, and steelhead.

Thanks for any information you could pass my way.

· Registered
306 Posts
Hey dude.. The chek is a nice river to fish .. right now there are lot's of dollies in there and some steelhead of course. I had some success today using epoxy minnows,, I hooked up with a huge dollie about 8 lbs or so and I got a nice rainbow as well.. the dollies are keying in on the salmon fry right now so your best bet is a minnow pattern, or big sculpin patterns.. If you're fishing gear I here that pink worms are killer for steelhead in this system. There is good water between the bridges as most people know, but you can also hike down towards the mouth to find some nice water.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.