BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just got back from Squamish yesterday these rivers are in beautiful shape. I didn't manage to get any fishing done. Was too beat after work to even think about it. :'(

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
L know that thew Mamquam is a little on the high side bit clear and not unfishable and the other two are showing their usual glacier colours.
The howe sound is completely green from them!This is what I saw last Sunday while I was driving by!

Hotrod

·
Registered
419 Posts
What is high for the Mamquam? When I drove over it on the highway it looked pretty low to me.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was at the Mamquam this afternoon.. for a few hours.. landed one decent rainbow around 15 or 16" he put on a good fight for his size,, although i was using my 8wt. trying for some big dollies,.. i got him on a black bead eyed wooly bugger.. good times..!

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
when do the Pinks start to hit these rivers ?? and the Squamish also as it obviously gets most of them

I would love to get up and hit some on the fly

and also when do those bright Chum start ?

thanks

HOOK

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
My records show the pinks will arrive in large numbers around the end of this month and good fishing can be had for two-three weeks. The chum will arrive after the first high tide after the first "BIG" water rain flush...usually late Oct. or early Nov. and will be available on every high tide for two weeks.....This fishery is very tide and weather dependant...........So, I will let you know when it is time to hit these flows with the fly rod............Ortho 8)

·
Registered
917 Posts
I'm with you Robert. Third week in July in 2005 was sporadic at best. Forth week was on fire. Fishing remained great until the river closed on August 15. Anyway, the Squam typically gets going in late July. Remember - it's all catch and release on pinks until further notice...

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
oh im on it also there FFM, FF, and Ortho

just let me know guys I have a single hand for the Pinks and a two hander for those Chum (which still hasnt seen the river yet) :'(

and i can be picked up from that Chilliwack guy on his way by ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) isnt that right FF haha

tight lines

HOOK 4th week of July then eh awesome

what are good patterns? same stuff i would use on the Harrison?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Aaron.....Ya wanna tie a few up for the ol'man?.....I'll be happy to share a few "secret spots" with you......Just don't have time to tie.........but I do have a few good blueprints for you..Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
HOOK said:
oh im on it also there FFM, FF, and Ortho

just let me know guys I have a single hand for the Pinks and a two hander for those Chum (which still hasnt seen the river yet) :'(

and i can be picked up from that Chilliwack guy on his way by ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) isnt that right FF haha

tight lines

HOOK 4th week of July then eh awesome

what are good patterns? same stuff i would use on the Harrison?
Oh I think i could make a pit stop in your area hook. ;)

Finder ;)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
awesome FF

and Ortho when do you want them back I am on dayshift right now or at least this week i am :confused: not sure about next week :wallbash: stupid shift work :'(

if not I can give them to you when we go fishing on the Squamish but it might cost you a secret spot location HA HA HA ooooh bribery :happy:

tight lines

HOOK

and I'll take an order of tied flies too :happy: :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.