BC Fishing Reports banner

squamish fishing?

11K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  dereke 
#1 ·
hi
I am taking my father in law, visiting from overseas, fishing. He wants to go to a lake surrounded by a nice moutainous setting. I'm thinking Squamish fits this, but am not sure what to expect from the lakes there.

Has anyone fished brohm, Alice, edith or browning? What was the experience like? What lakes do you recommend?

#2 ·
Do you have float tubes? Fishing from shore? (If from shore, Alice is probably easiest access. Edith is pretty tough shore access for casting or still fishing)

#4 ·
Make sure you avoid that place during weekends/July 1st - if you can't, get there early (before 7:00) to claim a spot from shore or one of the docks or openings in the trees. Weekdays until July 1st should be alright. Earlier is almost always better.

#5 ·
if you want float tubes they are reasonably cheap (around $100) but then you need flippers ($60) and waders. then your all set and you will catch alot more fish if your in the water :beerchug:

check out Army & Navy they should have all these things for cheapest

#7 ·
I just fished the chek today, tryin out my new fly rod! I was lookin for some dollies but didn't land any,, I had two brief hookups in a nice tailout up near the second bridge. If you are fly fishing you should use fry patterns, single egg patterns and sculpin type patterns. I did see a half eaten dollie that must have been in the 12+lb range, I know they can get that big but that was the first i've seen in that range! You could also try the mamquam for dollies and rainbows... thats about it for this time of year.

#8 ·
From what I remember Alice Lake has quite a few large logs/trees heading out into the water from shore, large enough to stand on. I used to spincast off them when I was a kid. Don't know if they are still there, or safe for that matter. There is also Fawn and Stump Lake beside Alice Lake along with Edith lake of course, (all on the 4 lake trail), all fishable with rainbow, dolly varden and some cutties.

How about renting a canoe? I think there is a guy who rents them right in the parking lot at Alice Lake, though it might be kayaks, it's been a while since I've been there. :confused:

#20 · (Edited)
Edith lake?

Sorry Bryan...

I see you were asking about the gate and the trail up to Edith lake...as the steelhead season winds down and the freshet arrives, it seems much of our membership has missed your question due to the residual desire to get out there and catch a few more before the winter steelie season is completely done.

I cannot help you with your question about whether the gate is open or not, but you could try calling the Squamish Forest district office...they have been helpful for me in the past and might be able to answer your question.

There are also a good number of other lakes around the area that can be good, lots of options if you can't drive into Edith. Maybe the members here can help you with that search...

As for the gate and the trail, I am curious also...let us know if you find out.

Cheers,

rib

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.