BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't help myself, couldn't work today, so had to fish! Got a late start, didn't start fishing til 11:00 or so. After Ortho showed me a few new Coho tricks on Friday, thought I'd hit the Mamquam for some Ho hunting. Fished just above the highway bridge for about 2 1/2 hours with no Coho, only a few nice looking Chum. After landing a beauty 10# chrome doe, which I could not keep, I had a brainstorm. Head down to the mouth, where I could load up on roe for Steely season :D :D :D . Fished the Squamish, just down from the confluence for an hour and a half, and I couldn't believe it, not one sniff, even with the "go to" pink jig! Walked back up below the trainbridge, had a slow first hour, then as twilight approached, I switched to pinkwool, and wham, on came the bite as darkness fell. :lol: landed 1/2 dozen fish, in the last 1/2 hour, including a 10# and a 12# chrome set of does. Lots of roe, :lol: :lol: :lol:{ told you I didn't need the Coho roe, Ortho} and a whack of Indian candy. Did I mention that it rained hard??? Sorry, I didn't notice. Freezing level was down, and the vis stayed near 3 1/2 ft in the Mamquam, quite a bit less in the Squamish. Oh yeah, saw my life flash before me on the drive home. Hit a 50 foot long, 6 inch deep puddle on one of the new sections of highway, wicked hydroplane, no visibility for about 3 or 4 seconds, and when I finally could see again, I was about a foot from the outside guardrail! : :shock: :shock: :shock: YIKES

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Nice report ogo...glad to hear you made it home ok...this rain is evil...spoiling my trip for tomorrow...don't know where I'm gonna go....maybe I'll follow in your footsteps ogo...
rib

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did I mention that I was talking on the phone, with one hand on the wheel??? pretty smart, eh?
I can tell you one thing for sure, that part wont happen again!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That's why I drive my own car!..LOL :D .Glad you had a fun day there, buddy. Can't believe you didn't hit a fish with my " go to" setup. Oh well, lots of time before the end of the fall season. I expect the first of many steelhead to show any day now,....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
gee Ortho, and I was starting to think that I smelled bad,
good to know that it's just because you think I'm a [email protected]#$y driver.
gee, you and my wife would get along fine :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Heck No..........Those seats in your truck are so comfortable, I'd be falling asleep. They're better than 1st class on British Airways!! :wink:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, and you're worried that I'd leave you in the truck so that I could have first crack at the best water!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
OK ok If you wake me up.........next time I'll direct you to the prime spot and give you the first cast or two. :lol: Remember to set up the rod the night before and get some of that line off the spool.....Give Abby' a call and get that spool fixed!!.....Friday????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts