BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't help myself, couldn't work today, so had to fish! Got a late start, didn't start fishing til 11:00 or so. After Ortho showed me a few new Coho tricks on Friday, thought I'd hit the Mamquam for some Ho hunting. Fished just above the highway bridge for about 2 1/2 hours with no Coho, only a few nice looking Chum. After landing a beauty 10# chrome doe, which I could not keep, I had a brainstorm. Head down to the mouth, where I could load up on roe for Steely season :D :D :D . Fished the Squamish, just down from the confluence for an hour and a half, and I couldn't believe it, not one sniff, even with the "go to" pink jig! Walked back up below the trainbridge, had a slow first hour, then as twilight approached, I switched to pinkwool, and wham, on came the bite as darkness fell. :lol: landed 1/2 dozen fish, in the last 1/2 hour, including a 10# and a 12# chrome set of does. Lots of roe, :lol: :lol: :lol:{ told you I didn't need the Coho roe, Ortho} and a whack of Indian candy. Did I mention that it rained hard??? Sorry, I didn't notice. Freezing level was down, and the vis stayed near 3 1/2 ft in the Mamquam, quite a bit less in the Squamish. Oh yeah, saw my life flash before me on the drive home. Hit a 50 foot long, 6 inch deep puddle on one of the new sections of highway, wicked hydroplane, no visibility for about 3 or 4 seconds, and when I finally could see again, I was about a foot from the outside guardrail! : :shock: :shock: :shock: YIKES

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did I mention that I was talking on the phone, with one hand on the wheel??? pretty smart, eh?
I can tell you one thing for sure, that part wont happen again!

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That's why I drive my own car!..LOL :D .Glad you had a fun day there, buddy. Can't believe you didn't hit a fish with my " go to" setup. Oh well, lots of time before the end of the fall season. I expect the first of many steelhead to show any day now,....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
OK ok If you wake me up.........next time I'll direct you to the prime spot and give you the first cast or two. :lol: Remember to set up the rod the night before and get some of that line off the spool.....Give Abby' a call and get that spool fixed!!.....Friday????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.