BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went up to Squamish on sunday morning and found the chekamus in nasty shape.. I kinda figured it would be but thought I would have a look.. there was only about 2" of visibility mid river. I went to the Mamquam to try a couple of my favorite spots, the vis was better here but the river was real high and fast, my fishing partner had a brief hookup in a big tailout but wasn't on more than 10 seconds and never saw the fish. I had a look down below the train bridge and found alot of people were testing their luck in the unfavorable conditions, didn't see any "bent rods" and that was it for me! Anyway this is more of a warning that if you are planning on fishing the "chek" I would wait at least a couple of days or until someone reports otherwise. Cheers.
Gibbs

·
Registered
853 Posts
Went out tonight after work and all I can say is SLOW! Hit the cheak and the mamquam confluences and there wasnt anything at all really. Heard of one fish caught today ??? Cheakamus is so dirty still, very surprising with the low freezing levels in the PM hours. Another little while I guess or some rain could really help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.