BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Transport Canada has to get their [email protected]#* together!

Several days ago the local news mentioned that a few train cars full of coal derailed on a bridge over the Thompson River. In the video footage, you couldn't even see the cars because they were fully submersed in the river. I just don't understand why engineers can't inspect these bridges/trains/loads accurately enough to prevent this. I think this is the third instance I've heard of in the last two years where fish are being contaminated/poisoned/killed...whatever they want to call it. It truly rips my heart out when I hear of these things happening. What cheeses me off is the local and national media just telling the story like it's no big deal. Sorry guys I just had to rant...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Money... today executive can only make more money by cutting conners. Especially in natrual money makers like the rail way... it was insured too. We should have a Che or Cheves or that Guy in Bolivia and nationalize the lines... they would still turn a profit and be safe.
Think of the money we would have saved if Petro Canada were not sold!
Really in MHO the polticians today have no balls. Campbell - who I lived next to for 20 years - has no regard for BC... wanted the conteders to run an add saying 'if he treats his dog like his people we are f__ed. He has support cause all the people believe every Socred will be Bill Benit... they are not (yes I know he no Socred but he aint no lib either. Benit built for the future and now many of his trade off are not to our - as fishers - liking. However, his intrest was the provence. Campbell wants to destroy thing to save money and sell things off to for the same reason... not make it. If small scale hydro were taken up by BC Hydro in years we would be sellers of energy again but it is more lucrative to sell to the US in the summer and buy it back in he winter. There are thousands of stream with water falling to from to high for fish to swim up but the gov. won't put hydor on them for fear polotices will get involved.
Enough... I'm not going to talk about Forest Practices Code, Emerson, or our rights to Crown Land.
To Many people are looking for there share but what is entitilment if there is nothing left?
I believe in the politics of life and all are parties have drifted away from that... especially those based in Alberta. Yeah, it is good now but when electic cars rule? BC your transfer payment is not enough. Boom or bust that is the Alberta way.
Have fun, Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.