BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks like i will have to check it out myself this weekend....should be nice out....good luck guys ...thanks

·
Registered
853 Posts
That's what we like to hear buddy, enjoy the river for what it is. I am going to be out the next couple days for the first time since early January and I am itchin!

·
Registered
708 Posts
sounds by all the guys fishing up there this week, there must be something worth cheak-ing out happening up there. Heard it was very busy yesterday after the water came way up on tuesday.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i went up first light Saturday morning and fished the section of the river below the bridge at "Sunwolf/Fergies". The river was low and clear and i fished that river methodically....i drifted almost every spot and bit of pocket water i saw.

i was the only one there and maybe for good reason....i didnt even get a sniff.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I know of 5 fish hooked on Sunday, fishing pressure downstream of the cheekye was non-existent
The fish hooked where hot and on the move. A minor bump in water can and did mix things up a little
The noted successes of the past week were certainly not repeated over the weekend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glass half Full,

Yeah i noticed that i was one of the only ones fishing below the cheekye....however, im not discouraged...just gonna keep at it...there is one in there with my name on it. I also noticed that there werent many ppl fishing the cheak at all as i drove over both bridges slowly and looked around to where they usually are.

·
Registered
708 Posts
interesting to see the number of hatchery fish vs wild fish being caught so far and the small overall size of the fish. Definately missing age classes due to the toxic CN spill a few years ago. Either tiddlers or lunkers with very few in betweeners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts