BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a pretty tough two weeks.I've had three funerals to attend all family members.Work that seems endless.

I decided to hit the Squamish for a day of fishing with a few buddies.We started at the Cheakamus.The visability was near zero and m aybe 12" on the sidelines.Glacier green silty river.A tough day to be fishing.So for the first few hours on the Cheak not a sniff of a fish except a few finners.If i was to have any success I'd pretty much have to put ther metal right in front of their faces.Nothing here.

In the afternoon we decided to go to the mouth of the Mamquam for a few casts and to my suprise the run below the train bridge has changed so much there was no hope that it would hold any fish.Walked down to the Squamish to find it to be Chocolate milk.Totally blown out from the latest heat wave we've been having.It'll be awhile for this river.Saw no signs of any fish whatsoever.

So back up to the cheak for awhile before heading home.No fish here for me so starbucks for the ride home with the boys.

All in all we need some cold weather and rain for these systems before I go back.
STILL it was good to get out and be by the river after a tough couple of weeks.

Hotrod

·
Registered
648 Posts
Sorry to hear about your week Hotrod. Now you've ruined my plans to fish tomorrow :lol: did you fish the Mam further up? and what was the clarity like? have you ever fished above Culliton creek on the Cheak???

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
My condolences to you also, hotrod...a day on the river is usually the best medicine for any ailment, even the toughest such as those you've been through of late....
I was up and around that area fishing last week...

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1638

...and encountered much the same conditions as you did...a real good cold snap, should bring the rivers back into shape pretty quick...
see you on the flow,
rib

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hence, my annoyance as I listen to all proclaim what great weather we are having--NOT IF YOU ARE A RIVER FISHERMAN :!:

Pray for cold & rain!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Hotrod:

Sorry to hear about your loved ones. Take care, and thanks for the report. THinking about hitting that system next week...let me know how you do if you hit it again before I go.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot guys! I'll keep you posted if I make it out again!

Hotrod

·
Registered
917 Posts
From reading these posts it sounds like you're having a tough time Hotrod. Sorry to hear that. Hey Stone - if you are thinking about going out please keep me in mind! :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Tough one Hotrod keep your chin up

Stone and F M are you talking about midweek
i get Tue Wed off and would love to meet up and chuck some feathers with you guys :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Britguy - there is a definite possibility of getting a few days off here and there between now and December! I'm not sure above next week - I was thinking more towards the weekend. However, things could change. I'd be up for meeting you. I'm in Vancouver - so if you are too, maybe we should car pool!

·
Registered
648 Posts
may go up Friday, anyone interested, give me a pm, even you flychuckers!!! :D

·
Registered
901 Posts
Can't get off till Tue so let me know how you do Ogo :wink:

F M yes i am in Vancouver :)
Maybe when i get back from Scotland (end of October) we can arrange a day out there :D
anyone else up for it :?:

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
So far I have from Saturday to next Wednesday off...and would love to fish a couple of those days. I have commitments on Saturday...maybe Sunday or another one of those days?

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts