BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out and hit the river yesterday. Ths will have been my 5th time out in the last 7 days. I've been having a fair amount of fun but yesterady it slowed right down.I was into a couple of fish on the mamquam right away but at my usual hot spot not a fish in sight nor a sign of any coming in.I walked down to the confluence and to my surprise onle a few guys ot on the Squamish so down I went.

There was very little in the way of wind yesterday so it was very warm.After 20 mins at the top of the run I noticed at the bottom of the run a guy had a fish on. A couple of fellas stepped in below me ans started to fish. I figered too move down the river when I hear someone call my name "hotrod?.........It's me ribby" Very cool.I've wanted to hit the flow with rib for quite some time and now I bump into him here. So I asked if I could step below him and hang abit and he said go for it. Immmediately we see some rising pinks and wihin 10 mns I hook into a beauty chromer. Things are looking promising. I spent the afternoon hangign ot with rib. He got into a few fish and one big make that put his 5 wt to the test.

Anyways, Rib left around supper itme and I was into a few more after he left but I still would have to say it has slowed right down to the point of not going back until it picks up some more.There are still fish to be hasd but certainly not like it should be.This is the year we are going to see the affects of the 2005 chemical spill.I wonder if that what were seeing now.

All in all it was still good to get out and hang with rib. Really enjoyed your company ribwart and we'll have to do it again soon.

Hotrod

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Definitely Hotrod! It was great to finally get to fish with you, even if it was only for a short while...I agree the fishing has slowed down quite a bit, but it was still a beautiful day and we had some fish to play with nonetheless...

Anytime you want to do some fishin' I'd be happy to join you Hotrod, it was a pleasure.

:cheers:

rib

·
Registered
695 Posts
Was also out for the afternoon with the wife and kid we got into a couple for the time we were there as well,right after i release one i hear my name from the other side of the river i look over to see Rib as well nice to see ya again :cheers:.We hung out at the railway bridge unitil we had to leave seen a few more caught just before we left around 8pm.

cheers
scruffy

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Good to see you again too scruffy... :thumbup:

That pin rod looks sweet...I could tell it was a nice stick even from that far away...Fishing wasn't really that bad, not hot mind you, but not bad...I think I hooked about 9 fish and brought 5 to the beach, one snagged unfortunately, I almost went home right then and there I was so disappointed...

Otherwise the fish were still all clean and feisty, some were caught nymphing, not the new style with the indicator and such, but the old style I learned when I was young...dead sticking with a sink tip...

Lots of fun!

Great to see you guys out there!

rib

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'd be interested in knowing if anyone has tried nymphing with an indicator for pinks?? Sounds like it would work as well or better??? I know i'm converted on trout..but never gave a thought of it to Salmon really... :confused:

·
Registered
648 Posts
wait a cotton picken minute. who's 5 weight is it that rib's been swingin"......

anyhow, fished the mouth today, pretty steady stream of fish. Shame that there was a 30 mile an hour wind, jeesh! nontheless, hooked my first fish on the pin, didn't land it, but encouraging just the same. hooked about 9, landed only three, under pretty tough casting conditions, one on spoon, one on pink jig, and one (the pin) on a pink 1/2 oz deadly dick. had the mouth to myself the whole day ;D hey Scruff, where did you end up?

·
Registered
695 Posts
ogobogo said:
wait a cotton picken minute. who's 5 weight is it that rib's been swingin"......

anyhow, fished the mouth today, pretty steady stream of fish. Shame that there was a 30 mile an hour wind, jeesh! nontheless, hooked my first fish on the pin, didn't land it, but encouraging just the same. hooked about 9, landed only three, under pretty tough casting conditions, one on spoon, one on pink jig, and one (the pin) on a pink 1/2 oz deadly dick. had the mouth to myself the whole day ;D hey Scruff, where did you end up?
Good to fish with you again Ogobogo :thumbup: man it felt like being in a wind tunnel down there couldn't cast worth a beans for me was running outta line real quick from all my birds nests :p
I went up to the railway bridge to check things out for a bit but too many people so we ended up further up river found some quiter water where noone was fishing tossed out the gear some more and hooked a decent sized hummpy ;D after decided to try my fly stuff and only manage to frustrate myself some more as the wind is still blowing but not as strong ,my bro ended up hooking his first pink of the year(life) on a spoon :happy: as he has never caught anything that way before.We had left around 1:30pm as he had to go so it was a short day out for us.

·
Registered
218 Posts
reelangler said:
Nymphing eh? Would someone care to elaborate?
Pretty much same as float fishing but with a fly rod...On the Thompson or Yakima (any river really but those two it really produced on) You put whatever fly you've choosen on with small split shot or if weighted just a swivel, and fish it under an indicator...toss up, drift down...Fly choice might be harder for pinks...would probably work best with a globug or such...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.