BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thats a pretty funny question. If anyone is dumb enough to put them up here, I feel sorry for them. :confused:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
thatton said:
anyone have any gps coordinates for some great fishing areas around the squamish river?
AHHHHH! yes I do!

Can you have them?........................................No!

Hotrod :happy:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry but I doubt anyone will supply you with any "spots"...the Squamish is a pretty vast area and once an angler finds a successful spot they will most likely be "tight lipped" about it. Like others have stated, do some exploring yourself. I'm not trying to be rude...I'm in the same boat as you as far as experience on this river system. I have only fished it a few times with limited success. I will keep going back though because I know this system has some good trout/salmon/steelhead opportunities...not to mention beautiful scenery. So go and explore and maybe you'll find an area that you can one day hold as your own. Then you'll understand why people keep their secret spots secret.

Cheers and get out there!

-Nathan in NW

·
Registered
648 Posts
start with the chum fishery, watch where everyone has waded 20 feet out into the river to cast into the porpoising fish, and fish behind them in about 40 inches of water. SHORT FLOAT pink jigs. man, aren't I the benevolent one?

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Seriously! Exploring this river is great. Get out there and look around and you'll have the time of your life.

Hotrod

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
The pinks will be tailing out and the chum will just be starting up. If you are targeting pinks and chum stick with the lower part of the river (try where clear tributaries join the main stem). For steelies, dollies and coho try venturing upriver a bit further.

This info an 8wt and some popsicle patterns should be all you need to have some fun exploring and probably hitting fish as well.

Tight lines :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.