BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much news around on the Squamish situation, so Jinfoot and I decided to check it out for ourselves.
(Don't know all the names of the runs, so bear with me..)
At first light we were on the dike just past the BC Railroad Park to see if there was any action. First clue was no cars parked, saw no fish, no anglers, only a guy taking the dogs for a run behind his truck. Way to get exercise, fella!
Moved on to Fisherman's Park, one hopeful chucking feathers, but no sign of any salmon. Continued on to the Upper Squamish, to the mile 26 bridge, just to take a look. One of my favorite spots :) Figured the water was too high and had no idea how to fish it :hmmm:, so decided to try for dollies back at tenderfoot pool.
Back to the second bridge and walked down to the pool. Third cast and fish on! :thumbup:Nice jack spring released.
Ambled on down to logjam. Met one fella up at the bridge who said he had caught two coho earlier. We saw no more action, though.
Later we stopped at Sunwolf. No sign of fish, only a few small trout that managed to hook themselves.
All in all, not a bad way to spend a Saturday, one jack spring, a couple of trout and congtrats to Jinfoot :beerchug: on his very nice new 8wt rod and reel!
Have to wait another week or two buddy, to get that first 20lbder on it!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
There's a few around but vis is near zero right now. We need some cold weather and more signifigant numbers right now. I won't be going there til then. For now it that little river in the valley for me.

Hotrod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.