BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
Funny you noticed so quickly, it was part of rant I was on.

As always Rib provided a prompt reply to my PM and explained in a clear and concise manner why my perception of what was happening was flawed. I have apologized to him and anticipate the posts will be removed.

I apologize to all members for digressing and taking my frustration public as opposed to sticking with the PM exclusively. Really my issue was with the mods and the PM I sent was suffice. When intending to communicate with one member I feel exclusively PMing really is the way to go, unless you are attempting to publicly criticize them or want to 'puff your chest' for other members to see....In case I am leaving any doubt, I was wrong, regret my actions, accept responsibility and hope to model better forum behaviour in the future.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I was up in Squamish today and let me tell you it is sad. No fish anywhere! I couldn't believe it. Hardly a thing in sight! Three of us hooked into one coho each but that was ity for the afternoon.The river was cloudy green with 6=12 inches of vis! Very.very poor indeed and heartbreaking.

Hotrod

· Premium Member
2,719 Posts
Lastcar said:
Funny you noticed so quickly, it was part of rant I was on.

As always Rib provided a prompt reply to my PM and explained in a clear and concise manner why my perception of what was happening was flawed. I have apologized to him and anticipate the posts will be removed.

I apologize to all members for digressing and taking my frustration public as opposed to sticking with the PM exclusively. Really my issue was with the mods and the PM I sent was suffice. When intending to communicate with one member I feel exclusively PMing really is the way to go, unless you are attempting to publicly criticize them or want to 'puff your chest' for other members to see....In case I am leaving any doubt, I was wrong, regret my actions, accept responsibility and hope to model better forum behaviour in the future.
???
Guess i missed it but will still add to catch up to ribs status?? :happy:

(edit).... k wait gunna head to the sport side to make the all mighty 400 :drunk:

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Hotrod,

Thanks for the update. I was going to head up there today but it is not worth the drive if the fishing is slow. I phoned the local tackle store in Squamish and they said the fishing was really hot. I think I would rather trust your report.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
rodnreel said:
Hi Hotrod,

Thanks for the update. I was going to head up there today but it is not worth the drive if the fishing is slow. I phoned the local tackle store in Squamish and they said the fishing was really hot. I think I would rather trust your report.

That report really surprises me! I saw almost no fish at all! It is possible I missed something or they were talking about one spot.But I went to half a dozen spots and in my opinion I would not classify this river system as hot! Last year at this time I was into half a dozen coho and numerous chums and this time there was nadda!

Hotrod

· Registered
21 Posts
fished all over the squamish from the mouth and up river 50km the last 3 days. nothing, went to the fishing store in squamish to get some gear, absolutly a horrible experience, will not go back to that store. anyway... saw a few fish but nothing happening.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
Dogbreath said:
thatton said:
...went to the fishing store in squamish to get some gear, absolutly a horrible experience, will not go back to that store. anyway...
Yeah that guy needs some lessons in customer service and he smokes in there smells like a bar room.

Everytime I'm in there when the owner is it reaks of booze breath!

· Registered
1,989 Posts
This is for sure? Last i read the regs a while ago on the squish and tribs it said no retention of chum oN the squish or tribs! Maybe i misread it!

CK

· Registered
844 Posts
must have. i know while th pink run was on they were talking about closing everything. but fisheries implemented a two chum and one hatch coho per day limit. i have retained four fish on the system so far...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.