BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned from the Squamish area and I would have to advise you save the gas and the time driving for a few days and let these rivers settle. All are pretty much out...I did hit a small coho jack on a blade near the Easter Seal Camp, but overall, it is pretty much unfishable, except for the snaggers at the mouth of the Mamquam. These guys actually believe the fish are biting in ZERO visibility and piles of floating debris!
One guy was throwing a spoon upstream with a fast retrieve and after telling me how good the fishing was promptly snagged a HUGE buck that was pretty tired looking and he broke him off at the shore with his new shiny spoon firmly lodged in the dorsal fin of the fish.......
These guys are desparate!!.Ortho 8)

·
Registered
648 Posts
I tried to call you last night, but there was no answer. wanted to save you the time, and gas. I should have tried harder.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Fishortho great report. Not the news I wanted to hear because I had planned on taking my gf and friends out for a day of fishing tomorrow. Do you think the river will clear up a bit for tomorrow...or is it a waste of time?

TIA.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would wait a couple of days. There is a lot of crap in all the rivers...The shores havn't seen any water for some time. Lots of leaves and debris...Keep an eye on the flow meter for the river...One day after a significant drop should do the trick. There will be lots of fish throughout the system...............Ortho 8)

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I would keep an eye on the board and see what happened at the Chilliwack/Vedder....There will be a lot of movement of fish if the river came up a foot or two. Hopefully the Chehalis will do the same. If you have a boat I would hit the Harrison or the lower end of the canal in the vedder....Both areas are way overdue for a good run of 'hos..Ortho 8)

·
Registered
917 Posts
Thanks for the report Robert. I'm sorry we couldn't hook up. I ended up at the Vedder with plans to meet FF. Unfortunately, he called me just before I arrived at his place to cancel due to his cold. No problem. I just regret not hooking up with you today! The Squamish was definitely my number 1 choice - pending the water conditions which sounded not good.

As for the Vedder, I hooked a bunch of chum and lost one coho on a roe bag. Water was definitely up - but quite coloured, particularly down low.

Let's hit the Squamish when it clears up (hopefully)! :wink:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I had a late night change of plans as well, and wound up hitting the Vedder. Got into 5 Springs, 2 of which were in surprisingly good shape, 5 chum, tossing spoons in what used to be the pools on the lower in the afternoon. Oh yeah, I got into this at about 9am on a big silver blade. :wink:

Was about 10 lbs and put up a real nice fight!! Love those rolls!! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice fish Big Steel, It must of put up a good fight. Were there many people fishing where you caught that coho? The water level looks perfect, good to see someone is getting the big coho's. Good on ya!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Flyfishin Magician said:
Thanks for the report Robert. I'm sorry we couldn't hook up. I ended up at the Vedder with plans to meet FF. Unfortunately, he called me just before I arrived at his place to cancel due to his cold. No problem. I just regret not hooking up with you today! The Squamish was definitely my number 1 choice - pending the water conditions which sounded not good.

As for the Vedder, I hooked a bunch of chum and lost one coho on a roe bag. Water was definitely up - but quite coloured, particularly down low.

Let's hit the Squamish when it clears up (hopefully)! :wink:
Nice fish BS. :)

Sorry I opted out on you FFM. I broke down this morning and finally went to the the doc, as it's now day 5 on the couch with no sign of getting better. Turns out I got hit with a double whamy. A bout of bronchitis, with a nice ear infection to boot. :? The horse pills I got are the size of a coho jack :shock: , and hopefully I'll be good to go by next weekend.

Finder :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts