BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out with my son this morning.had agreat day watched him changedwhen he got bored trying to light a fire with my tp paper,and medium dry wood chips.changed his mind set as soon as a fish was on. light pressure at elmo, a few around agasizz. sockeye are still pretty thick. lots of jumpers , we managed three today, one for the barby tommorow. rest for the smoker. have not been out much this year but going with my son or my friends is what its all about. may try one last time next weekend. picked up a grocery bag of line today, sports stores must be really in the money this year more line everywhere you look. could have gone all day, i guess a lot of neww clothes do not come with pockets!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Good place to fish although there is a ton of line laying around and many snags from lost gear! We picked up a bunch of line every time we were out there..... sad though as at times many people were fishing (bouncing) with small spincasters and 10 pound mono..... lost gear with every cast....:mad:....

Definately did find the people who frequent that bar to be very pleaseant....:thumbup:

Mike
:cheers:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I've been there twice recently and the fishing was poor once and awful the next time. I caught my two the first time, but nothing the second time. In fact, even with 50ish people on the bar on Saturday morning I only saw one fish landed in 4 hours. It's also snaggy as all heck. I think I'll do some walking next time to find somewhere closer and better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
what was the flow like? I was there near the beginning of the sockeye opening and it was pretty slow current, was using a 1.5 ounce betty at times. too slow for a spin glo?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Funny.....???

All my fishing there was with a three oz betty (out far) and the "fishing" was quite good with lots of room to move...... definately got snaggy toward the end as i sated earlier with all the people using light mono and snapping off.......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts