BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back...fishin was great. except for the last evening/morning the weather fell apart. Got a 5lb smally off shore with a small spinner bait and a 3.5 lb cutty fishing the deep drop off in front of the island in the morning. bass were biting best just before sundown on top waters ie buzzbaits. got about 6 in 20 mins around 1lb-2lb just before it got too dark to fish!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Great to here you had a good day fishing on SSI. My son and I spent Sunday evening on Elk lake, and although the fishing was somewhat slow, my 4 1/2 year old son managed to land a 4 1/2 lbs lunker bass. Can't wait to see what he can pull out of St. Mary's
Gman

·
Registered
156 Posts

The island had a major heat wave late June and a big time visibility reducing algae bloom. The fishing was highly disappointing. What was really weird was that it was such a cold spring that you saw little new plant growth near the surface. Water temps got into the high 70's and the big ones were not close to shore and hard to catch since hey were not relating to cover or distinct structure.

They dropped two of these giant aerators, at a 1/4 million a piece, into the lake while we there(July 2-10th). Like a fish tank, the thinking is that bubbling the water would decrease bacteria counts which was important for the local drinking water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.