BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fISHED THE STAMP AND SPROAT FOR THE LAST 2 DAYS AND I WAS BEATEN BY BOTH.WATER WAS VERY CLEAR AND LOW.I DID SEE A HATCHERY DOE AND BUCK CAUGHT AND RELEASED BUT NO FISHYS FOR ME.RAIN WAS COMING DOWN HARD WHEN I LEFT FRIDAY AFTERNOON.GOOD LUCK TO THOSE THIS WEEKEND :(

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
I'm there next in two weeks and I've got my fingers crossed for better fishing prospects but after speaking to my guide I'm not too hopeful. He says it continues to be tough, but then again, so has every other steelhead system this year, including the QC Islands and Skeena tribs. The few fish that have come to hand have been bigger than usual however if you cabn sustain longer periods without a hookup.

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Any recent reports? Has the water come up with the recent rains? Have to make a decision about fishing it Monday (or not). I know what you purists will say, "It's always worth fishing, better than working....yadda yadda yadda," but this year is different big time.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
Still haven't heard anything positive with regards to the Stamp...

Had a little shot of rain last week that brought some chrome to a few of the farther removed coastal systems (did quite well in one of those day before yest). For the one we hit, that was quite late according to our journals, so perhaps, just perhaps, this may translate to something of a showing in the main here. More rain in the forcast, my guess would be as soon as she starts dropping from that it may be worth a look. Unfortunately, that won't likely occur until late into next week...

Tough call! I'd suggest chatting up your guide, and seeing what they might think.

Good Luck if you do go! And if so, be nice to hear if there's anything around...

Cheers,
Nog

· Premium Member
4,442 Posts
Well our guide was, as always, very professional and agreed to taking us out for some spring/coho/summer run action in late August-September. We went winter chinook fishing instead in Sooke and had some decent success so my annual Island trip was not a complete wrtie off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.