BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed to the stamp on sunday for three days ;) How has the fishing been the last few days?
Cheers sage

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Gotta kinda question that "fishing is still good" line. All depends on what you consider "good" I guess...

Last two outings have been a tad dismal for me and the Ladz I usually get out there with. 3 days ago, ran the little flow, then the Bucket from Store down through opposite the Rifle Range. Touched 1 in the little creek, and nada on the Big Flow...
Yesterday, we hit the Falls on the "other side" at first light, 3 of us in for 4 hours and change. 2 fish hit, one landed. On the Beaver Creek side, the usual Gong Show (up to 10 anglers at a time) produced 1 hook-up and landing for the same period. Dropped well downstream to finish the day, managed another LL release, and one to hand for a Buddy.

"Good"? Not so good IMHO. The water is indeed dropping, and DAMN COLD! The fish that were battled were amazingly lethargic in fight, and came in unexpectedly quickly. Sight-fished a couple for ten or so casts, varying the terminal every second or so. Tenth or 12th attempt, they spooked from the gear, and dropped off the radar screen.

Did hear some of the guides did well in the lower over the last while, but then again, they were searching far and wide yesterday... Perhaps a slug of new ones, maybe moving up into more accessible water for bankies...

Best advice: Think pocket water, and definitely Cold Water Techniques!!

Good Luck! As for me, after realizing nada but frostbitten fingers the last 2 times out, I'm taking the weekend off, curling up to a nice warm fire, and leaving the icey conditions to the Weekend Warrior Throngs...

Cheers,
Nog

·
Registered
98 Posts
hey noggin I was in that area below eagle rock hook 4 landed 2 seen a guide boat hit them good in eagle rock I met the guys that were in his boat they hooked a dozen and took their limit thats not so bad take care

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the report ;)I will post when I get back 8)
Cheers sage

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sproat and Stamp are on FIRE. I am still fishing and will post pics when I get back. Double Digit Days ;D ;D 8)
Cheers

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
SSSSHHHHHHHHHHH !!! 8)

Hotrod

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have received a little flack from the Island folk about posting a report. So I will hold myself back from posting a report for awhile out of respect to the islanders.All I will say is I will be back soon.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
sage2106lb said:
I have received a little flack from the Island folk about posting a report.
What?? You mean there is some Fear that yet another online report is somehow going to increase the madhouse crowding conditions we're seeing this year? Not too damn likely IMHO! There's already more folks out there on a daily basis than I've EVER seen! Island Vedder is a term I'm hearing more and more from the locals, and certainly appears to be accurate! Reports can be found on almost every site. And while that may add a few into the mix, word of mouth is doing that already.

So, from this Islander's point of view, fire away! Pix too if you got them please! ;D

Cheers,
Nog

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
That last day looked like a wet one Birdman....Nice work!!..I agree with the above post, on the guided trips.....they are ultimately more productive than trying to wedge in along the shoreline, but I do feel they should limit/licence the boats on the river and keep them out of certain areas.....I have been out with Matt at Murphy's several times and he is always very careful not to park in a spot if there are shore fishers present, and he will definitely get you fish!.....Ortho 8)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well gals and guys round #2 is 24hrs away ;) Chit Chat in a week 8) DING DING

Cheers sage

·
Registered
648 Posts
pray for rain, the river needs to come up,I here. I almost went on Tueday, but was advised to wait. Good Luck, we'll be waiting for your report.
Don't forget to take a couple of pink jigs! ;D

·
Registered
235 Posts
Fished the stamp Wednesday and Thursday. Got 6 the first day and 4 the second. Pretty slow by stamp river standards. It came up about 8" Wednesday night, but hardly got any rain yesterday. Clarity was good both days. Covered lots of water. This was the slowest it's been for us since we started going 7 years ago. It wasn't all bad though. Landed a beauty wild buck of about 18lbs. Nice and clean with lots of energy. Ogo is right though, the river needs to bump up some.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Had some booking probs with Murphy's and had to pull out of my date. Was lookng forward to seing you rking.Going over next week for some fun for a couple of days.I hope things pick up by then.

Hotrod

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just got the word from work that I get to join the rest of the lucky ones invited along on a guided weekend fishing trip to the Murphy's riversedge lodge.... :eek: I guess there is 12 people going and its all expenses paid trip ;D ;D ;D I've never fished this river but know several people who have and have all the confidance in the guides....jus wondering how the fishing has been this week as we wil be flying out on friday and fishin by the late mornin....can't wiat , it will be my first time fishing for Island chrome!! Can't wait!! 8)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'm heading out there tonight to fish tommorrow.The report I got is that it has been real slow and not very good for about a week. But hopefully will change today.

What luck for you! It should be good for ya.Fishing with a jet is a riot.

I'm taking the guys who work in my shop over next week for a couple of days fishing. I'll let you know how it is!

When are you going?

Hotrod

·
Registered
648 Posts
Lot's of rain, and warm temps for the next week. I'd bet the house that the fishing will get a whole lot better by the end of the week.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
sorry dudes! No report for me as I had to cancel out for personnel reasons but I spoke with a friend out today and it is still really slow! I hope the rain brings in some fish for nexr week and my shop trip!

Hotrod

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SLOW! SLOW! SLOW! The water was in good shape,just how I like it. We did get a few fish,nothing like in January.In my opinion the bulk of the fish are in the system now.Post pics soon.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
hopefully we'll get one last push of fish to close out the season nicely before I target other steelie rivers!

Hotrod

1 - 20 of 41 Posts