BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a phone conversation with a good friend of mine who lives in the Alberni area. The first fairly good push of winter steel has entered the lower river now. He was telling me that the steel on average seem to be a little larger than normal so far. Good news indeed. The water is in great shape and dropping daily. Four years ago the Robertson Creek hachery smolt release shifted from a 50/50 winter and summer steelhead ratio to a 70/30 winter to summer stealhead ratio. This was done to accommodate this systems angling presure. More people fish this system in the winter than the summer/fall months for steelhead. Shaping up to be another good year... :cheers: sage

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Car is already packed!....Leave at Noon Thursday!.............Looks like Hotrod, Ogobogo and Ortho are going to have the first challenge of the year......Set your hooks, boys!................Ortho 8)

· Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fishortho said:
Car is already packed!....Leave at Noon Thursday!.............Looks like Hotrod, Ogobogo and Ortho are going to have the first challenge of the year......Set your hooks, boys!................Ortho 8)
If one of the bags is a little heavy don't worry about it. All I ask is leave the zipper open a bit. So I can breath...
Good luck boys it won't be long before I'm there... :cheers: sage

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm all in!

Just rigged some new 15 lb. maxima on my 3113 bc and will be taking the pin version of the same rod with my silver islander.

"IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR" :drunk:

HOTROD

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Hey Fishaholic.......Yup, we will be driftin' in a boat on Friday, then I might do the shore fishin' on SAt. if the conditions are good and the fish are co operative...Otherwise, I am driving up to Sayward and fishing the Salmon River with my nephew......If yer lookin' for me I will be wearin' my "lucky" hat....(the 'Finder special)
Aussie oilskin swept brim, and I'll be the guy with the "fish on"...LOL ;D.....PM me and maybe we can hook up.......Ortho 8)

· Banned
2,854 Posts
you lucky bastards :thumbup: you guys go out there at least once a year. cant wait till I get myself out there. just never remember to make reservations for a boat or a guide in time. have a good trip you 3 take lots of pics for us to drool over :happy: :happy:

· Registered
781 Posts
I will be wetting my flyline hopefully otherwise I will be tossin gear on the 22nd. I can't wait! I have never fished the stamp so it should be a good experience. I will report when I get back.

· Registered
648 Posts
all that I will say, is that I won the derby!!! ;D
I'll let Ortho write up all the details. Hey Rod, have a great shot of one of your jigs in a 12# chromer's mouth, will post with Ortho' story, stay tuned...
Hotrod, we'll just go double or nothing next time ;D
I am the jigman, koo koo ka choo!

· Registered
1,519 Posts
ogobogo said:
all that I will say, is that I won the derby!!! ;D
I'll let Ortho write up all the details. Hey Rod, have a great shot of one of your jigs in a 12# chromer's mouth, will post with Ortho' story, stay tuned...
Hotrod, we'll just go double or nothing next time ;D
I am the jigman, koo koo ka choo!
I am the eggman! Sgt. pepper!

Hotrod

· Registered
3,378 Posts
Yeah....you'r missing my report!....After having the site EAT my previous works, AND after having info from Prof in the past to cut/paste on a word document. I foolishly started a post that was eaten by the web after a half hr.....I will try again to give all of you the skinny on the weekend......Computer just ate it....poof!.........gone!..........Ortho 8)

· Premium Member
3,684 Posts
All that hard work gone in an instant eh that sucks.. :p Now to find the same zest and appeal
you so feverishly toiled over the first time...I was thinking fairly soon there will be reel time streaming
digital to document these outings via cell phone but can't help but think what is gained in footage
some loss will be levied in the way it was delivered...All the same thats progress.

Lets have it boys..... :happy: Marko

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.