BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we will be planning a trip to the stamp river this year on the island. i remember last year people reporting 10+fish days and i would like to experience something similar ;) what is the best time of year to go? also is there any suggestions on lodges and guides? as we will definitely be requiring some sort of guidance.

thank you
-fishey

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've fished with a number of guides, and Rollie is good if you like adventures, just ask Hotrod!!! Matt from Murphy's is also a good choice. The best in my books with all due respect to the others would be the fishmeister, Kenny Myers. I've had a couple of 18 fish days with him, and there is nobody on the face of this earth that knows the river better. He was also the first to fish above the bucket from his jet.His # 1.250.720.5118. I've gone anywhere from the 15 of Dec. to April, and had great results, no matter when I've fished. :2cents:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thats one flow that is definitely on my to do list, one of these years.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
It is no secret when these fish show up. Usually just prior to Christmas. I willl be heading over mid Dec. and will throw up a report on my return. All the guides that regularly work the waters of the Stamp/Spoat/Somass system are really good....I have been out with Matt three times n the past and he is very good and if there are fish in the neighbourhood he will get them on your line....Never been blanked on the system and best day was a dozen fish.The hatchery clones all fall into the 5-9 lb. range with some smaller fish. My largest was around 16-18 caught 2 years ago....................Ortho 8)

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Murphy's is the best!

1-877-218-6600

Had many a great day with them, and they know more about the river than anyone else! (just kidding OGO)

January to march would be good for what you are looking for.

Hotrod

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
January through February is the best most years. Whether high water or low, the fish will generally be in at that time. Just have to modify your approach for the conditions.

Ken grew up on this river, and literally knows it like the back of his hand. he has a new "military" style (read TOUGH!) Zode this year, and has already been putting it through it's paces. A tad larger than his last, and built like they knew where it was going to end up! There IS a reason we call him the FishMyster!! ;)

Cheers,
Nog - Damn happy to call The Stamp My Back Yard!! ;D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.