BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught the 5:15 ferry friday morning to get a full days fishing in before our trip with Murphy's on Sat. We decided to hit the Falls Pool because there was 4 of us. When we got there one of Murphy's boats was plopped right in the middle. Saw them lose one and move on which was nice to see. We fished it pretty good for about an hour before my brother in law landed a nice hatchery buck about 7 lbs. I flipped my jensen egg at my feet in a nice little seem and hooked in to a big summer run. Didn't get a good hook set due to my guides were frozen.. but it was the first steel of the year. My dad then followed up with one in the next half hour and it came un buttoned... a great start to the weekend! We left to go to the Gun range about 1 pm... my brother in law has a fish on in our favorite spot, as he's trying to land it i hook into my second and play it to the beach right as he is bonking his second fish of the day, a nice 10 lb doe. Mine was a beauty 9 lb wild doe and first one landed for me this year.
Sat on the boat we had an awsome guide(Kevin). He put us on 12 fish..6 landed...3 hatchery and perfect conditions. We caught 2 in the Stamp and the rest at the confluence of the Sproat and Somass. I couldln't believe that he wanted us to use a roe bag and piece of roe combo! These fish were fresh out of the ocean and weren't leader shy one bit. I'll try to get the pics soon.
Sun... to finish our trip off hit the Falls pool again for a few hours and saw a guy land 3 fish, one big hatchery buck about 14lbs. We're about to leave and I decide to take my float off and fish this deep slot above the main pool... second cast fish on! A beauty 10lb wild doe and ten minutes later a 15lb wild buck. All on pink wool. Finished the trip off with a poker game on the ferry back and that was the best fishing weekend of them all!

G

·
Sounds like you had a good trip Mr. N, wish I was there!!!!!! You guys deserved to get some fish after the past couple years of trying, must be the time of year?????.

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Great report Markus. Never fished the lower river before but your report has got me thinking. It's always fun to catch fish with a guide but there is nothing like landing one all on your own eh? Congrats and look forward to your pics!

·
Registered
8 Posts
A double-header to remember....pictures will soon prove that your's was the buck. His was a suicide mission once he saw his sweetheart on the beach with me. Amazing detail to your recap of the weekend markus23 given the haze of mind at the time 8) Ayrtym was missed and he too would've brought a few to hand this year...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts