BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, any recent Stamp reports. I'm more of lurker...but only because I havent been fishing much at all.

Planning on heading up to the Stamp or Cowichan on Friday....any advice?? Only going ot be my second time steelheading ever.

Thanks

· Registered
3,796 Posts
Matthew - The Stamp is in Region 1 and there are reports on it posted there. There are also Cowichan reports and posts there. Good luck and post a report when you get back. I am planning a late April/early May trip to the Cowichan myself. One of my favorite rivers.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prof, thanks for the tip. I read the posts in the Region 1 forum, but was looking for something recent. I've seen people post there before asking for a report and had it moved here due to the fact that they werent actually posting a report. My confusion i suppose.

No worries though, I'll post a report when I get back.

· Registered
1,519 Posts
I was on the Stamp on a couple of days ago and got into some fish but not huge numbers by any means. Anyways I talk to Murphy's yesterday and he sais it was chocolate milk.

Hotrod

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, hit the Stamp today, left the house around 7....through the blizzard in Nanaimo...and to (believe it or not) Beautiful SUNNY, dry Port Alberni.

River was in awesome shape, clear but not too clear. We fished a couple of different spot, with the usual luck...nothing. Saw a few people fishing, nobody seemed to have any luck.

I'm starting to think these so called steelhead are just an urban legend....but I think its just me.

Have some pics, but cant download them here.

At least the weather was good...unbelievable, the entire south coast was apparently getting dumped on and it was sunny and warm on the river.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.