BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes folks, I'm aware that this is also posted in the 'DFO Announcements...' section on this site but with the hundreds and hundreds of people accessing the Stave recently I didn't think it would hurt to double-up a posting of this recent info.....

Moderators can remove it if it's redundancy is unbearable.

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0941-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Region 2 - Chehalis River, Harrison River, Stave River and Nicomen Slough - Chum Update

Region 2

Further to FN0930 and FN0931 the coastwide returns of chum salmon have been
very poor and the current in-season estimate for the return to the Fraser River
is 789,000. According to the South Coast Salmon IFMP, at this run size
commercial fisheries are suspended, recreational fisheries are restricted and
First Nations FSC fisheries remain unchanged.

Therefore, the daily limit for chum salmon is reduced to zero (0) effective one
hour after sunset, Sunday, October 24, 2010 until December 31, 2010 on the
Harrison River, Stave River and Nicomen Slough.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Testing.............
ha ha...sorry buddy. Had to put it up twice. Was there on Friday with my 9/10wt to C&R chums. Lotsa fun but man you would not believe the amount of people. Suffice to say all kinds of 'angling approaches' being utilized and all kinds of Chum in very poor shape being taken home. Just happy the bonk-fest is over.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I was there,on monday morning,firstlight fished the west side with a nother guy until i think like nineish and a few fisherman showed up later,lots of chum,lots of coho,tons of jacks,lots of them following my lure,managed lots of chum,three cutties,few jacks,and a six pound miss clipped bueaty buck,which i safly released,by the way everyone i saw was killig chum until i gave them the warrning,then they just took of,some actually procedded after they were told,and yes DFO was on the river.

Saw some monster coho in there too,litlle coloured but man were they thick,didnt like my lures.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good. The worst thing they did was open that river up to retention of chum. Ruined it. I used to C&R fish that river all the time since its practically in my back yard. We can only hope that the hoardes will disapear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts