BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the west side of the river on 8:15. I will say not every many people out because it is Tuesday. My fishing buddy showed up about 8:45.

I used chum jigs , the jig worked like magic. the second cast I landed the first one this year. It was a nice doe. I could see the float totally been pulled under the water. I even used steel leader due to the expensive jig and the sharp teeth of the buck chum. after I landed 4 and lost 2, the chum dragged my pin swivel straight. Dam I lost the jig. Then I changed to purple wool which look like the jig - at least the color. I was sure feel the bite is less than before. The last buck I fight , It broke my rod. Game over!

My buddy is 15 year angler. He brought me to salmon fishing. I have to say this forum help me most. this forum's short floating , ethics , let me rethink everything he teach me. The whole 3 and half hours, I foul hooked into 1 chum by short floating. At the same time , My buddy foul hooked at least 6 to 7 . I can't say too much because he won't listen. total landed fish - hook in the mouth, I won.

To the time we leave, we met a guy at the parking lot. He said he saw us hooked one after another from east side of the bank, but they have nothing hooked. He asked if I used right way to fish. I told him I used jig and short float , wish he good luck.

By the way , a buck straight my buddy's Gamakatsu Hooks. They are strong DOGs baby!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
It's great to hear that you had a great time and that you were able to educate some other anglers. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, thats the first i ever heard lol....guess those chum dont care if the jig looked so tasty. Did u use bent rod jig?
I bought the sea run chum jig from the tackle store on westminster hwy. richmond. Yeah, Chum doesn't care what leader I use, I care though. I finally lost it due to bend flat connector, I will use double connector next time :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have heard from people in this forum to place a piece of shrimp on the tip of the jig and you can't keep them off.

The question I have is it raw shrimp or cooked shrimp like from Save-ON-Foods seafood section??

·
Registered
290 Posts
well i've used cooked one before and god....rainbow trouts just love taking that stuff away from you in the vedder.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the $3 frozen shrimp rings from superstore or whatever. Just toss them in a baggie with some coarse salt the nite before you go fishing and leave them on the countertop to defrost and to season/cure with the salt.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts