BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Re: Stave River ?

I was there yesterday afternoon. Still pretty quiet, although I did see a couple surfacing. Did c&r a beautiful 14" cutty though, so the trip was worthwhile. Tried my favourite spots down at the mouth as well, but quiet there too. :( Should be good soon though!

·
Registered
249 Posts

Do you guys fish around the mouth or head up river a bit? Any advice on fishing the Stave would be much appreciated. PM, if need be. :cheers:

LL

·
Registered
93 Posts

was there today tide was out river verrry low saw a few people fishin and saw a guy catch a real small fish didnt see what it was decide to look around river and see where the obsticles where then i noticed snaged lines and birdnested lines around so me and a buddy started picking it up aswell as any lead wieghts we happend to notice also found 2 lures and a bullit..... anyways we figured we gone far enough and started to make our way back to the truck and while walking back along the grass line crossing little runoff creek beds we kept picking up stuff like an old chest wader with one boot then found the other boot and then beer cans and bottles and some miscalanious garbage along the way.......as always the only catch we get is collecting other peoples garbage......really starting to piss me off.........

anyways thats my report/rant for today.......good luck yall

·
Registered
260 Posts

Hey ThatGuy, I know it is tiring when it seems like every trip you are coming home with more garbage than fish stories. However make no mistake, your efforts are very appreciated. I am sure I speak for others when I say you have made the river a better and healtheir place for those who live in and around it and those of us who show up to share some time with the locals (fish and various 'critters').

Likewise thanks goes out to all of you who pack out what others pack in.

Chris Gadsen has certainly been a leader in the effort of protecting our rivers on an organized level and motivated me to do my part every time I am at a lake or river.

Hijacking done....

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Lastcar said:
Hey ThatGuy, I know it is tiring when it seems like every trip you are coming home with more garbage than fish stories. However make no mistake, your efforts are very appreciated. I am sure I speak for others when I say you have made the river a better and healtheir place for those who live in and around it and those of us who show up to share some time with the locals (fish and various 'critters').

Likewise thanks goes out to all of you who pack out what others pack in.

Chris Gadsen has certainly been a leader in the effort of protecting our rivers on an organized level and motivated me to do my part every time I am at a lake or river.

Hijacking done....
I am sure that Chris has motivated alot of people on the river me included. Your efforts thatguy are appreciated and I know how you fell. I am just glad that there are still people out there that care for our resource.

My hijacking is also done sorry.

·
Registered
29 Posts

i was there last night and a few juvi whites jumping around(and a dead raccoon, guess he didn't make across) after awhile it just went quite. why.....seals....days over time to go home(twas getting to dark to see anyway). Heading back this afternoon to try again. can't say i've seen any chum yet it was hard enought to see my marker but i'm going just as the tides rolling in so i'll keep my eye out for whats in there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.