BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished the west side of the stave today and came away disappointed,1 very dark doe spring,1 very small jack spring and of course dark chum,did see quite a few coho show themselves.Threw everything at them,roe,
spoons,spinners,and even jigs,those coho have lockjaw.Very disappointed to see so much snagging going on,even two clowns who crossed over to the big island,with a kayak,and a one man tube,pulled by a rope get
out on the island with the spinning rod cast and rip technique.Lots of people keeping very dark chums.

· Registered
1,199 Posts
PumpingIron said:
Thats the way the Stave has always been. Its not going to change. When their are so many chum in the river its best to fish the Stave with a boat. You can find where the coho like to hide much easier.
Well if this place is a KNOWN snagging spot - why dont they have a DFO officer sitting there then? Makes sense to me ???

· Registered
2,348 Posts
fishnfvr said:
Well if this place is a KNOWN snagging spot - why dont they have a DFO officer sitting there then? Makes sense to me ???
We all wish it could be that simple, DFO is badly underfunded and there are only a handfull of officers for any given region.

Sportfishing is only one of their mandates they also have to monitor commercial and FN fisheries, keep track of logging and development, monitor industry and spend an unreal amount of time in court trying to make their tickets stand up.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Pat AV said:
fishnfvr said:
We all wish it could be that simple, DFO is badly underfunded and there are only a handfull of officers for any given region.

Sportfishing is only one of their mandates they also have to monitor commercial and FN fisheries, keep track of logging and development, monitor industry and spend an unreal amount of time in court trying to make their tickets stand up.
And the amount of bear calls the CO's office gets is unreal. It always amazes me when people move into what used to be bear habitat then are shocked when they see a bear and automatically want it destroyed. :wallbash:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.