BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the Vedder today fish down from the railway bridge right down to the canal area
I hooked about eight fish but only landed two
This was the first steel on the fly for me :D
I think Bergler got a long distance photo of my fish
I hooked into one big hog
it took me to my backing twice
once heading up river towards a snag then i turned him
and he set off down river
but i could not hold him as he got into fast water :(
did get to see him though as he did a big leap out of the water
boy was it fun out there
Thanks to the guys there that let me in :)
I got a bit sun burnt too :oops:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Nice goin' buddy!!........Oh I can't wait to get my first.......I'm still working at it tho'. Me thinks it will happen this spring................Sounds like a heck of a day!!.....Ortho

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh big change with the crowds 8)
there was no one fishing the railway bridge and i didnt see anyone till i got to the canal area
lots of guys by the canal bridge :shock:
too many for my liking :?
keep at it fishortho it will hapen
sorry i couldnt get a pic ribwart but no one was near enough to get my camera
first one was about 15lb and second one landed about 17+ the one that striped my line well we can all guess big but i could not get his head up except when he jumped and he looked big :shock:
I picked up some good tips watching the guys arround me and a good fly tip from Bergler

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ogobogo not sure if much is happening up there(Squamish)
anyone got any reports :?:

·
Registered
648 Posts
got a report this week, still a good number of dollies, a couple of steelies. upper cheakamus, downstream from bridge.
I'm heading to the vedder Thurs. am. see if I can't entice em with a couple of colourful jigs!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
nice job there Britguy! Kinda nice to nt have much of crowds around ans still good numbers of steel coming in.

Ogobogo last week did the cheak three days and had one steel and one dollie. Not much going on there reeeeeel slowww and loooow!Sounds like I shoulda gone to the Vedder!

Hotrod

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
sounds like the hogs are still moving into the river if there being cought in the lower from the train bridge? are they all kelts or nice chrome?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nice work, britguy. Hoping to get my first on the fly in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
wheres the best location

I am going up to the vedder tomorrow and i have heard that the lower river is best right now

Where abouts is a good place to go
[/quote]

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
You're right, the lower is hot now. Check out all the spots, you're likely to find fish throughout.

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
What i would do there sberg is stand on the bridge and look down into the water on either side, you should be able to see a large number of fish and will then know precisely where they are holding....I can't tell you which side as I haven't fished down there in many years, but I have heard you can see them from above....
hope that helps,
rib

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
You're right, the lower is hot now.
All parts of the river hold fish right now and other times too. Explore, explore! Please don't sit in one hole and wait for the fish to come to you. This is not salmon season.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts