BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here are a few i just tied up, there will be more but damn if I didn't forget to pick up cerise marabou :wallbash:

Of course posted after Finders mine kinda seem homely! :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
man those are some nice ties there guys. Im just learning to tie and only know how to tie a few patterns so far. need to pick up a few better tying things before i do fancy ones like those ;D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Steelie Trav said:
Here are a few i just tied up, there will be more but damn if I didn't forget to pick up cerise marabou :wallbash:

Of course posted after Finders mine kinda seem homely! :thumbup:
Those look yummy enough for me ST. If I was a fish, I'd be the first one hooked on those bad boys. ;D :cheers:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I haven't gotten into the "articulating" fies yet....do you buy the shank- hook setup or tie them together? How are they tied to gether?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Glad you like them ST. :cheers:

cascademarine: Most guys tie the stinger hooks themselves. Simply loop your chosen folded trailer material through the trailing hook eye, and wrap it onto the hook in the vise. I personally head cement the entire tie with a thin layer of Zap A Gap. This way that hook will not pop no matter what. I'll post some pics later.

Finder ;)

·
Registered
587 Posts
right on...thanks! I look forward to getting that one figured out.....it never sits quite right with me when I have to buy a fly! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.