BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
My preferences are the 2/5 oz. little cleo spoons in nickle or brass, and colorado style spinners #3 to #5 in nickle or brass. Books by Bill Herzog and Jed Davis have good descriptions and background about spoon and spinner fishing for steelhead and salmon.

·
Registered
708 Posts
check on the Gibbs website for 2/5oz Ironheads. You can get them in some of the best fish catching finishes like Sterling silver, 50/50 brass/silver, real gold plate, copper plus more. This is a very under rated spoon here in BC and for some strange reason hard to find at most tackle shops. It's easy to get the very quick sinking to the bottom and lose then 2/3oz ironheads but not the great fish catching 2/5oz

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ditto on the service from rvrfshr, wrong color spoons in part of my order and a quick call to Joe and the right color was shipped at no charge ;D didn't even have to ship back the wrong ones, they were mine to keep. Not very often you'll find a business ethic like this :thumbup:.
50/50 hammered colorados in real gold and silver make a big difference in light reflecting qualities.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.