BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the area and fished the Vedder for the first time for steelhead on Saturday (March 1st). Met a lot of great guys that were willing to share some of their local knowledge with me. It was really slow, and I only saw one person that even hooked into one, and heard stories of two guys early in the day that each landed one.

It was still a great day to be out, even if the fish didn't cooperate.

Everyone said, "You should have been here last week, it was great!!! doh! :wallbash: Seems I'm always a couple of days late.

What can I expect for steelhead runs on the Vedder? Are they over, trailing off, mid point? Did I miss my last chance of the year to catch a Vedder Steelie? :-\

· Banned
2,854 Posts
best time to fish them is RIGHT NOW until end of April. If you fly fish also then you can try your luck in May when the river goes FLY ONLY below Vedder crossing. ABOVE THE CROSSING IS CLOSED MAY 1st

just get out there and fish every peice of water you come across :thumbup: and watch everyone around you and what the guys catching fish are doing.

hooking up with a few guys on here could also help to make the steelhead learning curve faster.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
With the amount of rods fishing on that river right now, I would say "someone" is catching. The rest of this month should be ok and April is always a good bet.....I wouldn't give up too soon. When the golf clubs replace the skiis, and the tennis raquets replace the hockey sticks, it is definitely time to be fishing!!........Ortho 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.