BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we have quite the steelhead poaching problem in the south coast, mainly with our summer steelhead. I have come up with a plan to help the conservation officer in catching or knowing who is doing it. I know over the past few years I have found filleted carcases, and even gut piles and blood soaked rocks in rivers that are closed or closed to retention. this is an ongoing problem, I even know a few of the offenders but can never catch them in the act.

so the question is.....would you donate some money to me (this will be through one of the groups that I belong to) for the purchace of some infared trail cameras, these are the small digital trail cams that dont flash when they take photo's. the info I get from the camera's will be sent to the co's and key members of the MOE. this way we can put faces to the poachers.

I have enough money for 2 cameras now and at a couple hundred $ a piece I would like to get as many as I can.
I will spend my own money and time for the up keep of the cameras so any moneys donated will go directly to purchase of the cameras, any money left over will be donated to the SSBC or similar group.

I'm sure there is a fella or two on here that can vouch for me!

jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts