BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning on fishing the Island for steelies the 1st week of March. I have approx 4-5 days to be fishing. I see the Stamp is not doing to well. I was wondering if there was any more rivers that I would be able to hit instead of the Stamp for steelies. I do not plan to hire a guide just do it yourself fishing.Can anyone give me suggestions? Thanks Elvis :D

· Registered
338 Posts
If you can go anywhere, I'd suggest going North of Campbell River. There should be some fish in the Salmon River by then, and the Nimpkish should be doing well. I will be fishing the Nimpkish my self that week, and visiting Gramps in CR. If you decide to head up that way, shoot me a pm.

· Registered
3,378 Posts
The upper island water has been better than local flows......I agree....the Nimp or the upper reaches of the Salmon culd be a good bet...I would check with the local outfitters in Kelsey Bay as well as Campbell River for an update....You WILL need a 4x4 and good tires to access both of these rivers and even tho' it is warming up here, go prepared for the worst!......... 8)Ortho

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.