BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here fish the Chapman Creek? If so, when the season is right, how is the steelheading there? Are there any other rivers thats are decent for fishing (either Salmon or Steelhead) on the Sunshine Coast??
Thanks

· Registered
170 Posts
I lived on the sunshine coast for 12 years and only tried chapman creek a few times. I don`t think there is much of a steelhead run on the chapman. There is good coho fishing there in the fall. The creek is fairly low so most people cast from the beach at Davis Bay at high tide. In the spring you can catch springs from the beach and in the fall it is good for coho from the beach.

I`ve tried Rainy river and McNair creek by the pulp mill although haven`t much luck. Your best shot would be fishing the beach at Davis bay.

River fishing is my favorite type of fishing but I eventually gave up and went to strictly the saltchuck.

Trail bay sports in Sechelt can give you a more accurate info. You can also go up to the Chapman creek hatchery.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.