BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll see how this goes. Date and system with approx. location without being too specific and
see if we can make a few more matches.

We should try for full side shots with the tail in the right hand, nothing against lefties, just so
as to consistant for markings.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
holy crap those are a couple hogs :thumbup: nice fishies.

whats with the ID thing? i dont think i understand fully Marko :wallbash:

ok I noticed what your talking about, so im modifying but feel free to answer my question so that others know when they read this. Thanks

P.S. Hey BentRod, would you say that fish was 20+ ? because i was the one that posted the first pic of its capture ;D I didnt get to hold it obviously but i estimated it around 20 maybe over.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Dude, those are the same fish caught at different times...Look very closely at the markings on the side. This is not as uncommon as you might think....I saw the same steelhead caught three time on the same day a few years ago!...It had a big, healed over seal bite near its anal fin, so there was no mistake..I know the same fish has been caught on the Stamp as our guide pointed out...The hooks leave scars in their mouths that heal over and are identifiable.....Ortho 8)

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
the fish fell for a pink wool tie but not sure if he had it tipped with anything as it was only wool when they removed the hook. I have gotten ALL my steelhead on one colour wool :thumbup: I try everything under the sun and its always this that works for me, whats up with that? I bet the first one i get on something different will be on the fly rod :happy:

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just a reminder, this thread's intent is to post pics of steelhead in the hope of ID'ing multiple
hookups of wild or hatchery.

..........Anyone with good full length side shots can post here. Please add a little background as to
time, date and approximate location.

Lets see if we can make some more matches....!!

Marko

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.