BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Yup I am for sure. I bought a new pontoon and have it all set up just the way I like it. First trip of the year will be May long weekend :thumbup: .

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
holy Flyguy you should hit some local waters and get that thing wet :thumbup: Im pretty pumped to explore other lakes our gorgeous province has to offer. bought my backroad book along with my license today :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HOOK said:
holy Flyguy you should hit some local waters and get that thing wet :thumbup: Im pretty pumped to explore other lakes our gorgeous province has to offer. bought my backroad book along with my license today :thumbup: :thumbup: Anyone else as pumped to try some smaller rivers this year?? my truck seats 6 :cheers:
I'd be down once i get a 'toon of my own. I'm thinking it's a worthwhile investment if you can't afford a boat.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
HOOK said:
holy Flyguy you should hit some local waters and get that thing wet :thumbup: Im pretty pumped to explore other lakes our gorgeous province has to offer. bought my backroad book along with my license today :thumbup: :thumbup:
I never said that I will not be taking it out before that ;) . But that weekend will be my first trip to the interior.

·
Registered
101 Posts
flyguy said:
HOOK said:
I never said that I will not be taking it out before that ;) . But that weekend will be my first trip to the interior.
That may be your first trip with your pontoon to the interior ,to bad you wont be getting any fish on that trip. :happy:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
3weeks and counting until the interior lakes are open :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: hopefully they are ice free by then. i will most likely be heading up for the day on opening weekend :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Many are open already, even if they are not ice-free 9hence the ice fishing going on). There is no region/province wide closure on lakes. Closures are lake specific. Check your regs for specific lakes and who knows, you might be fishing soon.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm definitely excited about the upcoming stillwater season. As much as I love flyfishing for salmon and steelhead...the trout fishery is really what I love.

I'm also excited to hit the water in my new boat. Picked up a new 14' Lowe jon boat and trailer this year, and I've pretty much got her setup with the outboard, EMO, and sonar. Just have to build the carpeted floors now and I'm done.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
reelangler said:
I wish I could afford a boat. I agree with you stone, except I usually use gear. Fly fishing for trout is far more relaxing and what I love to do.
Take a look at Mikey D's Pontoon boat. Really great deal.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
professori said:
reelangler said:
I wish I could afford a boat. I agree with you stone, except I usually use gear. Fly fishing for trout is far more relaxing and what I love to do.
Take a look at Mikey D's Pontoon boat. Really great deal.
Yeah I know, I thought about it but I'm still working on my truck and don't have enough. It'll have to wait.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'll not get into my bellyboat till September so have major early season envy happening. April is a great month up there so really, you don't need to wait till the crowds hit in May.

The time from ice-off until lake turnover can be fabulous on all the lakes. Just march up in elevation, week by week through April into May! Cheers, have a good time folks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.