BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being bored at work is a full time job for me; however, sometime I daydream up a good idea or two... I'd thought I post this one before it slips away. Has anyone ever put a peice of yarn or cloth under the hoochie skirt tied to the line or something to hold herring or anchovy sent? Basically giving hoochie a smelly coochie! Just a crazy idea.
Have fun, Jason

· Registered
461 Posts
RLN, you're right about the new gel scents. They're great, they stick to all lures for quite a long time. Before the gels, I used to tie a piece of 4 inch red absorbant cloth in front of my hooks on my bottomfishing lures. Adding liquid scent to the cloth used to work great. Now with the gels, I just coat the whole lure and it lasts a long time.

Bigjay, sometimes I add a small piece of bait to the hook on my hoochies. That can also work great sometimes. Of course with the price of bait, you're not going to waste good stuff. If a whole bait has been struck and mangled, don't just thow it away. Cut off the last 3 inches of tail section and add it to the back hook on the hoochie. Pieces of herring strip are also great to add on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.