BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow Anglers.
Sat.October 2nd.Vedder River.
Had a great day out fishing with my girlfriend. Beautiful Chrome Coho. Caught and released.
We decided to stop for a bite to eat!!
Beware of the Thieves in the Chilliwack area. We had our Truck broken into at the local Whitespot in and around 7pm.
Unfortunately we will never see our gear again. These crooks forced their way into my vehicle and cleaned us out.
If you happen to come across some low life bums selling 2- Calcutta Reels and 2-Sage Rods have them give me a call.
Let them know i am very interested!!

We are very sure they were not Anglers. As a matter of fact we know they weren't. It just happened to be thier lucky day, my unlucky day.
Also missing a Fishpond fanny pack, camera, Backpack and tons of tackle.
Keep your gear safe. I would never wish this on anyone.

Thank you
had to vent

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Normally that is a busy street so the crooks were pretty brazen. Hard to believe no one saw anything. The only way this street crime is going to go down is if we get involved folks. My two cents worth.

One other thing I will add is to complain to the manager of the White Spot restaurant. Tell him what happpened and if you are so inclined let it be known you
will never patronize his restaurant again. I think by complaining and raising a stink about things this is the only way things are going to improve in this area.

·
Registered
259 Posts
sorry to hear about your loss.
i had a bag taken on the river once, took it off to walk a spring down to land it, came back a few minutes later and it was gone.
people will take anything these days!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
So the TDM's have expanded their area from the river to the main streets ? I'm bringing my Rottie with me next time I head out. Let's just see if the TDM can outrun my rottie.

·
Registered
23 Posts
is this very common when fishing the vedder. i have never had a problem there but i have heard that many others have. it can ruin a days fishing when you have to worry about your truck all day or worse lose all your gear

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had my van broken into along with 3 other vehicles at scale bar during the sockeye fishery. Luckily the cops had the guys under surveillance at the time and arrested them when they tried to use a stolen credit card at a gas station in agassiz. When I returned to my van after fishing there was an Abbottsford police business card under my wiper. After calling, an officer told me the story and how they will be pressing charges etc. Good to see the cops are proactive on this!!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yes, that may be true, but at 7 p.m. and at that time in broad daylight. By making it known to the manager, and other businesses they will start keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity, and eventually these thieves may eventually get caught. These guys aren't rocket scientists and unless we get vigilant about it, this type of crap is going to continue and not get any better. Also you would be surprised at the amount of hotels that have video surveillance of their parking lots to crack down on this type of nonsense too.

·
Registered
917 Posts
First off - I'm very sorry to hear you lost your gear. I don't think it would hurt to tell the restaurant manager and let them know. If nothing else, maybe the restaurant manager and staff could keep a look out for future suspect activity. Maybe they have some info for you. It's a long shot, but you've got nothing to lose.

I agree that it's best to leave nothing visible in the vehicle as I also learned that the hard way about 7 years ago. But I had my car broken into this summer with nothing visible (on the river). I heard the alarm going off and ran back to the car to find it broken into! Nothing stolen. Just 300 bucks down the drain to fix a busted window and door handle.

What scares me is that this happened in a busy area as opposed to on the river which speaks volumes about these low-life crack heads who do this for a living. I'll admit that we often go for a quick bite with all our gear in the vehicle. Again, very sorry to hear of this - but hope you still enjoyed the day. At least you got into some coho, which is always nice. Anyway, hopefully you'll be covered under insurance.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Down here, we call em tweakers. Same problems, just different locals. Down here. it's legal to pack firearms, provided you have a CPL. Break into my rig and I catch you, you will definitely have a "Come to Jesus" moment staring directly into the muzzle of a .45 or best case catch a good beating!!!

All the vehicle break-ins on the Vedder is why I rarely fish it anymore. It's a damn shame.

Sorry you lost your gear, and hopefully, they will slip up and get busted and get your stuff back.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So sorry

I'll bet these people make a great living on that stretch of Luckakuck and I'm sure this sort of thing happens regularly throughout the summer while families are having dinner and contributing to the local economy while visiting or passing through.I hope you will call the pawn shops and give them a heads up that you filed a police report (hope you did) on the stolen items,as they will most likely turn up there within the week.Good luck

·
Registered
29 Posts
That sucks! I didn't even think of that when i was down near Aggasiz early in the season. I had all my lighter rod/reel set-ups in the car as well as my guide gun... in the trunk. I would have been gutted if they cleaned me out.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I have deleted a bunch of posts that were either personal attacks or along the lines of "never leave anything in your truck"

Sorry this thread got so off track I have been away fishing most of the month and have had little forum time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts