BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw this guy on the river today and his method of fishing was strange to say the least.......his line was not on a reel but on a board of some kind with hand holds on it.............he would have the line on the bank and throw out his gear with his rod and after he finished his drift he would wind it back onto this board as he hand reeled it in.....very strange.....i don't know what he would do if he actually hit a steelie :confused:

not to start a broo- ha- ha or anything but i was told by a guy today again that the river was netted off lower down yesterday.......why is this still happening :naughty:

· Registered
260 Posts
When you say why is this happening, are you refering to the umpteenth time someone has reacted to a third party report that there is alleged illegal fishing practices by posting on this or another board and somehow think that will provide resolve?

If you are so concerned about it perhaps you should advise the appropiate agencies task with enforcement of relevant laws or regulations. I for one do not have the patience to for those of you who appear overly concerned yet can't seem to determine appropiate actions to address the allegations.

Man up and call the appropiate agency if you feel the allegations are vaild.

Would you follow someone driving on the highway who appeared to be driving while intoxicated or would you advise the appropiate agency? Or would you get home and ask others to explain why this happens?

Oh yeah, why is this happening? I assuming to catch fish, it seems silly to place a net in a river for other purposes.

· Registered
691 Posts
There is one fellow that fishes the Vedder that uses a hand line of sorts like you described. It's just another way to do thing I guess. As for the netting....what the guy above me said ;)

· Registered
209 Posts
I've seen that guy fishing last year and landing a steelhead. Works fairly well. I don't know what kind of rod he uses to match to his "reel" so I don't know if his rod is more limber or not to compensate for lack of a smooth drag. He does let the fish run by unspooling his line.

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
for your information i have informed the appropriate agencies twice with this information as it had been related to me as well as at least one other on this forum has as well and as i said why is this still happening -----if true------as for your having no patience that is quite obvious and maybe something you might want to work on in the future then maybe you would enquire if i had informed any agency instead of assuming and making your little attempt to attack

this is a fishing forum not an anger forum........LIMITKILLER

:peace: OUT

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
DFO has been contacted in the past, and responded accordingly.

See: "Nets in the canal"

I would imagine they have continued to stay on top of this, and likely are still responding to reports when they come in...whether this netting is happening or not, I would hope anyone witnessing illegal activity would call the violation hotline immediately! Don't wait till you go home or are in your car, report it right away!

See this link for details on what to do if you witness violations first hand: http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/fish/rapp/

Good on ya for calling in and voicing your concerns about this report nocoho, I am sure they went down there and checked it out...

· Registered
840 Posts
That guy you saw is Mario he's been around since the 80's that I know of.

He is a master at that method, I've seen him land thompson steelies and vedder springs on that set up, cool indeed :thumbup:

I just cant build a 500$ sage and not put a reelseat on it. never mind 3$ worth of plywood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.